Chapter 18

Thanos took the stone and added it to the gauntlet. He let out a toothy grin as he admired the gauntlet and the amount of power that he will receive soon. You struggled to get up and attack him but he disappeared before you could reach him. You froze in your spot and Peter watched you with hesitation. You glanced over st Stephen and stomped up to him.

"What the FUCK were you thinking?!" You screamed at him. Everyone stared at you and Stephen. Each of them tired from what was happening. Stephen let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

"(Y/n)... It was the only way... We had no other choice." he spoke softly as he placed a gentle hand on your shoulder as he looked you directly in the eyes.

"Cool. Great. You did YOUR part of getting us to win... But what IF the others don't do their part. Huh? Then what happens?" You asked bitterly as you smacked his hand off your shoulder. Tears were brimming your eyes at this point.

"Then that's a risk I'm willing to take..." He spoke. Tears started to slowly run down your cheeks.

"... There's no hope..." You muttered helplessly as you fell to your knees. Stephen walked away to dit down and think. Peter stood in front of you and pulled you into a comforting embrace. You held him back tighter and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I know it sucks... But you gotta think of the positive... Who knows, maybe we will make it through this." He spoke softly as he took off his mask to look you directly in the eyes. He carefully pushed your hood off and cupped your cheeks with his hands. His eyes sparkled in a loving yet reassuring way and he held a comforting smile that hid some unsureness behind it. "For now... Just enjoy the fact that all of us are here right now. Enjoy the fact that he's stopped fighting us. Enjoy this moment that we are able to spend together because who knows how long that will go for." he spoke truthfully. Your eyes narrowed and your heart twisted at his words.

"Peter..." he cut you off before you continued.

"I know I said this before, (Y/n)... But just know that if ANYTHING happens... Just keep remembering that I love you. And nothing will make me change my mind." He paused as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Peter-"

"I know. I know. It's not something you want to hear. But would you rather have someone lie or would you prefer the truth?" he asked you softly. You fell silent and glanced away from his chocolate brown eyes gotta moment before turning back to him.

"The truth..." You finally spoke out though your heart sank to your stomach and you felt defeated.

"I know you don't want to lose another loved one... I understand completely..." He said softly as he hugged you again. You didn't hesitate to hug back and snuggled into his shoulder.

"I love you so much Peter..." You muttered as your grip tightened. His own grip tightened too.

"I love you just as much. If not, than more." he spoke back. Everyone else watched with sad expressions. Tony was beaten up bad and looked defeated though also guilty that he let you and Peter fight along side him. Stephen also felt guilty but was happy that his sort of adopted daughter was with someone she loved dearly and with someone who cared so much about her and wanted to protect her at all cost. The next thing you knew though. You had an idea pop into mind. You let go of Peter and quickly stood up.

"I have an idea!" You exclaimed excitedly. Everyone glanced at you and waited for anticipation. Though you knew Tony would be the one to silently judge your plan either while your saying it or when your done saying it. "I can probably help everyone back in Wakanda. I've been there once before and I remember how it looks. I can teleport there and make sure everything goes smoothly and that the rest of the team is able to take down Thanos. That way we have a higher risk of winning, right?" You spoke out your plan.

"That's not a bad idea. And with tour telekinesis. You could probably refrain some of Thanos' movements. After all, you moved a plan filled with heavy equipment with that power." Peter agreed standing up.

"Yeah it's not a bad idea kiddo. But I'm not sure if your able to fend off the massive waves of... Whatever they are that they are dealing with." Tony spoke out. Surprisingly not judging your plan or being harsh about it in general.

"I would let you do it. But im not going to let you risk your life like that." Stephen inquired, standing up from where he was sitting.

"Stephen please... I can help." You begged softly as you looked him directly in the eyes. He shook his head. You frowned.

"Sorry to step in Mr. Strange. But I think you should give her a chance. If it makes things better, I could go with her." Peter spoke up as he held your hand. Stephen fell silent thinking about it.

"Fine. Parker. If you let her die. So help me I will hunt you down." Stephen warned dangerously as he loomed above Peter. Peter nodded.

"Don't worry sir. I won't let her out of my sights." Peter stated confidently. You smiled and hugs Stephen and thanked him nicely. He hugged you back lightly and you soon pulled away to search for your travel ring.

"Shit!" You exclaimed and growled in frustration. "I lost the ring!" You exclaimed as you gripped your hair clearly frustrated. Peter came to your side immediately and rubbed your back.

"(Y/n) its okay... I'm sure everyone back home is handling it well." he assured you as he wrapped an arm around you. You let out a shaky sigh and looked him in the eyes.

"I know but... I feel useless at the moment... I want to help them but I can't." You spoke out softly as you stared down at your feet as you fumbled with your hands. Peter smiled and kissed your temple.

"You've already done so much, (Y/n). You deserve a small break." he spoke out. You gave a small nod though decided to walk off and speak to Tony thus leaving Peter alone and looking at you worriedly. Though worry suddenly hit him and he placed a hand on his stomach. "G-guys? I-i don't feel so good..." he said as he stumbled towards you. Your eyes widened and you rushed over to him and cupped his face in your hands.

"Peter? What's wrong?!" You exclaimed. Your voice wavering greatly. Peter fell to his knees and you fell with him. Tony was watching the scene unfold with terror. To be fair, you were doing the same thing. Peter was slowly stardedsto fade from existence. Starting from his feet and slowly making its way up. Your eyes widened even more and tears began to spill. "P-peter no! No no no! Don't leave me!" You exclaimed as you hugged him tightly.

"... i-im sorry..." He whispered softly as you felt that his hands had disappeared.

"Peter... Please don't leave me. I love you too much." you sobbed as you were now clutching him from the shoulders up.

"I... Love you too..." were his last words before he had completely disappeared. You looked down at your hands that held the ashes of Peter. Your body shook as you continued to sob at the loss of your boyfriend.

"Oh no..." You heard Tony mutter. You turned to him and then followed where he was pointing to. It was Stephen. You quickly got up and ran to him.

"No! No not you too!" You shouted with your voice cracking as you tackled him into a hug though he went a way a lot quicker than Peter. You fell to your knees and sobbed with all your heart. The rest of the guardians left too and all that was left, was you and Tony. You looked up into the sky with red puffy eyes and took a deep breath. "THANOS!" You screamed with anger as a large amount of power surged through you.

~~~

You:

Strength: 3.5

Smarts: 9.3

Agility: 5

Magic use: ???

Weapon use: 3

Peter Parker: DECEASED