chapter 11

dad, t-dog, andrea, and shane went out the next morning to get dales body and check the perimeter for any more walkers.

wanted no part in it. i didn't sleep at all last night and i just want to be by myself today.

once they got dale buried, we had a memorial service for him. dad and i stood at the very end of the group.

i was holding his left hand and had my head wrested on his arm. i was still in shock about the entire situation. dad leaned over and gave me a kiss on the top of my head while rick was saying a few words.

"rae, we're all movin' into hershel's house. i need ya to help me with some things" dad said peeping his head into the tent. that's where i've been all morning. i gave him a small nod and exited the tent.

we joined the conversation that rick was having with hershel. rick thinks there will be too many people in the house but hershel insists that we all stay there together.

"t-dog, i'm gonna need you on double duty along with daryl. reagan, you can join in if you'd like" rick said. we first got on the bike together to ride it up closer to the house. i wrapped my arms around his torso but kept my head up. i ended up going with dad.

i helped him board up the barn. i tried to ignore the fact that there was a person inside. neither of us said anything while doing our job. there was really nothing to be said.

i looked over the map while rick and dad were planning on where they're gonna drop off randall at. i'm not going with them, i just wanted to get a sense of what they are doing.

they waited a little while until they left. they got the light blue ford all ready to go. "ready?" rick asked walking over. "yeah" dad said grabbing his crossbow and putting it in the passengers seat. "i'll be back soon. stay with everyone else. i love you" he said putting his hands on my shoulders. "i love you too" i said with a sad expression on my face.

he pulled me in for a hug. "i'll be alright" he said while i was in his arms. i nodded and let him go.

t-dog went to go get randall and i stayed by the truck as he did. t-dog came running back with a worried expression on his face. "he ain't there" he said once he reached us. i looked at dad wide eyed.

"go inside and keep your bow ready" dad said pointing towards the house. i nodded and ran in.

i stayed by the door keeping a look over everything. everyone came running into the house once rick spread the news. t-dog and i kept the main watch. but everyone else was also ready for everything that could head our way.