chapter 12

dad came in the room with t-dog. i immediately ran over to him and hugged him.

"hey baby" he said quickly to me. "rick and shane ain't back?" dad asked looking around. "no" i said quietly. "we heard a shot" dad said. "maybe they found randall" lori suggested. "we found him" dad grumbled.

i looked at it confused. something was off with his tone of voice. "is he in the shed?" maggie asked. "he was a walker." dad stated. huh.

"did you find the walker that bit him?" hershel asked. "no, the weird thing is he wasn't bit" glenn said. what? ok, now i'm really confused. how in the hell is that even possible? "his neck was broke" dad said.

shane?

"so he tried to fight back" patricia suggested. "the thing is, shane and randall's tracks are fight on top of eachothers. and shane ain't no tracker. so he don't come up behind him they were together" dad said.

"did shane do this?" i asked.

lori came over to dad. "would you please get back out there and find rick and shane and find what on earth is going on?" lori asked putting her hands on daryl's shoulders. "you got it" dad said turning around and leaving.

i grabbed onto his arm. "i'm coming" i said looking him in the eye. "ok, come on" he said heading towards the door.

i had my bow in my hand ready to shoot whenever i needed it. all i had to do was lift it and pull the string back. i stopped in my tracks as we got on the porch. "holy shit" i whispered getting closer to my dad for protection.

there was hundreds of walkers flooding the field of hershel's farm.

we tried to decide a plan.

lori ran inside and came back a few seconds later. "carl is gone" she said clearly freaking out. i quickly turned to her with wide eyes.

"what?" i asked also starting to freak out. god, he better be ok. i don't know what i'll do without him. "he was upstairs, i can't find him anymore" lori said quickly. carol went off to help lori find carl.

i started thinking of a mental plan on how to get the group out of this. and if it's completely impossible to get everyone out, i'm sure as hell getting my dad and i out.

maggie started distributing guns to everyone. glenn was shocked by this action. "i got the number, it's no use" dad said. he's completely right.

"you can go if you want. take reagan with you and keep her safe" hershel said cocking his shotgun. "you gonna take em all on?" dad asked. "we got guns. we got cars." hershel said looking at dad. "take as many as we can. and we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." andrea said making a plan. i'm not so sure about it.

"you serious?" dad said clearly thinking they were crazy. "this is my farm. i'll die here" hershel said waking off. "all right. it's as good a night as any." dad said climbing over the porch railing.

i did the same and hopped down to the ground. we decided to get our vehicles and try to kill as many walkers as possible. i hopped on merle's motorcycle with dad. i had my bow up so all i had to do was let go and it would shoot.

we led the rest of the group out. dad stopped when he saw that the barn was on fire. instead of using his bow, he got out a pistol and started shooting. i slung my bow on my back and did the same.

we shot a lot of them and when they got a little too close for comfort, dad drove the motorcycle over to the rv. "yo! must've been rick or shane that started that fire. maybe they're trying to get out back! why don't you circle around!" dad yelled to jimmy who was driving the rv. "got it. go!" jimmy yelled to us quickly turning the rv around.

dad went off away from the barn. dad and i watched everything happen from the driveway of the farm. we heard carol scream but then when i looked, a red truck swung by and got her. "dad we need to go" i said. he started up the motorcycle and continued up the driveway.

it was really foggy. you literally couldn't see anything. i was honestly afraid that dad was going to wreck. there were walkers everywhere. dad tried his absolute best to avoid every single one of them.

morning approached us. dad and i decided to go to the highway because that's our best bet of finding the rest of the group.

maggie and glenn were behind us. and and a little ways behind was t-dog, beth, and lori. we all found eachother on our way here. we just have to find rick, carl, and hershel. once we came to a stop, all three of them came out from behind one of the cars.

dad parked the motorcycle as rick came over and shook his hand and hugged me. i got off the bike and ran over to carl and gave him a hug. "you scared the shit out of me" i whispered letting him go. he chuckled.

that's when lori came running over. carl and rick both basically tackled lori in a hug.

we went over the people who were dead. "i'm going back" dad said once we realized that andrea might still be alive on the farm. "no" i said grabbing onto him.

"we can't just leave her" dad said looking around to everyone. "i can't loose you dad" i said in the most serious tone i could come up with. dad sighed and nodded. he knew he needed to stay with me.

we also decided to head east. there was a single walker walking down the road. "got it" i said beating my dad who already had his bow up. i shot it in the left eye and ran over to get my arrow. "come on" dad said hopping on his motorcycle.

i ran over and hopped on it as he cranked it up. we headed out following rick. eventually dad and i lead the group. we drove for hours. and we continued until rick honked his horn at the very back. everyone got out of the vehicles and dad turned off the motorcycle putting down the kick stand.

rick apparently ran out of gas. we're going to camp out on the side of the road tonight.

dr.jenner from the c.d.c. apparently found out that we're all infected with this outbreak as rick told us. whenever we die, we turn. this makes everything a hell lotta worse. everyone got mad at rick because he didn't tell us right away.

once it got night time, everyone was questioning ricks leader ship. i on the other hand wasn't. we built a fire and i cuddled up against dad's side because i was cold. "we're not safe with him. keeping something like that from us? why do you need him? ricks just gonna pull you down." carol said to dad not including me in the conversation.

"no. ricks done alright by me. he helped rae in the beginning of this" dad said defending rick we heard a rustle in the woods and everyone was on their feet. but we had to stay. we had no other choice.

we thought we were safe at the farm. we thought that no one could get us.

but it turns out you're never protected.