Chapter 2 - Injured

"Hello? Hello?? Hello!" The teachers said, as they gently shook the new kid, lying against a wall outside of the school.

"Are you okay??" Another teacher continued.

The kid slowly opened his eyes.

(Amami POV)

"What is your name?" I heard a teacher ask, as I awakened.

What happened? Why am I?

",,,,My name is Rantaro Amami,," I somehow mustered up the strength to reply with.

"Amami, are you okay?"

My nose hurt, and so did my stomach.

"uh,, I belive so?" I replied.

I felt someone's hand grab mine, to try and help me up. Man, what the fuck happened??

"Come with me" the school nurse said, as she ran up to me. She was the one that grabbed my hand, as she lead me to the nurses office.

When we got there, I sat down. She examined my face, and made a confused face.

"What happened?"

"I,, wish I knew" I replied under my breath.

"It appears your nose has been fractured, and you have lots of bruising." She told me.

Great. It's the first day at this new school, and I already almost broke something. Jesus, where's Miu when you need her.

"You should call your mom, and ask her to pick you up. You need to go home and rest" she said.

...

"I don't have parents" I replied.

My mom and dad divorced eight years ago, when I was nine. My mom kept getting these abusive, drug dealing boyfriends. It got too much, and she picked him over me,,, so I ran away.

Now I live with my long time best friend Miu Iruma, who also attends this school.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you have,, like a,,, girlfriend or something to help you,,,?"

Ha, girlfriend. The last time I had one of those, was when I was 14, and it was a dare. Relationships are overrated.

"I-I guess I could call my friend, Miu" I responded, hesitantly. God damn it, now she's going to think Miu is my girlfriend.

I pulled out my phone, and dialled her number.

((Miu talking on the phone is in italics))

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Im in the office. Can you please come get me, and take me home"

"Well, what happened. Don't tell me your dumb ass got into a fight?"

"I don't actually know, just please come here soon"

(Miu POV)

I hung up the phone, after that idiot called me. I bet he got into a fucking fight again.

"Hey, I need to go to the office. Rantaro Amami is hurt, and asked for help" I said to the teacher standing with my class.

"Go quickly" he replied.

I began walking to the office, wondering if Rantaro is okay. I hope so.

I had arrived at the office, and I opened the door. There I saw the nurse, Ms. Tsushima, and my best friend. He was covered in bruises, and a bloody nose.

(Amami POV)

Miu came in, and looked horrified. Was it really that bad?

"Hey" I said to her.

She ran in and was about to slap me. I could tell.

"It's the first damn day of school, and you're already injured?!" She yelled.

"Sorry" I replied.

"Let's just go home"

And with that, the day was over for us. We picked up our bags, and began waking home together.