Chapter 4 - Lunch

(Saihara POV)

After the bell rang, Kaede and I had homeroom together. On the way there she asked a question.

"What do you think of that Amami guy?" She said.

"He's a nice guy. Kinda funny too" I replied.

Amami looks pretty intimidating, but he's just a nice guy I guess. He did get in that fight yesterday, so I should probably keep my distance until I know he's fine to be around.

"I thought he was pretty cute! What about you?"

"Ah- Um I-" I stuttered.

Kaede laughed, and looked at me.

"You don't have to answer, silly! I know that's not what you were thinking" she stated.

He was dressed quite nicely, I can't deny that.

We had arrived at homeroom, and the teacher took attendance. Calling out each of our names, and then checking it off.

The day progressed, boring as ever. Finally, after 4 classes, it was lunch. Kaede and I usually meet in the cafeteria for lunch. But today, we went to her math class.

"We're eating with Iruma and Amami today. Is that okay?" She asked.

I guess I'm fine with getting to know both of them a little better.

"Yeah, that's fine"

We got to the class, and at one of the tables there sat Amami and Iruma. Both of them are so interesting. I mean, Amami has great fashion sense, and has bright green hair. Iruma has long strawberry blond hair, and has a unique sense of humour.

I hope they don't hate me.

I took a deep breath, and greeted them.

"Um,, hello Amami. Hello Iruma" I said.

"What's good" replied Iruma.

"Hey!" Said Amami.

He sounded,, excited? Kinda odd but okay.

Kaede and I took a seat, and got out our lunches.

"Um, so Amami" I can hardly talk to this guy. For some reason it's hard for me.

"Yes, Saihara?" He said, attentively.

"What was with that fight yesterday?" Kaede said for me.

Man, I feel like if I would have asked, he would have probably punched me one.

"Oh um, it's nothing. I was just being talked about, it's nothing" he replied.

I really hope he's okay. His nose still looks a little bruised. He better have seen a doctor ahh.

"Um, are you, um, okay? I asked.

Why can't I talk straight?!

"Oh yeah! I'm perfectly fine!" He said, looking at Iruma.

"Yeah, stupid dip shit always got into fights in middle school, too" Iruma said.

"Yeah, haha" Amami laughed.

Kaede moved over, to be a little bit closer to Amami. I'm not good with girls, but Kaede is always the same way when she likes a guy. Stage one- she says he's cute. Stage two- she tries to know him better. Stage three- she gets to know him, and then regrets ever even knowing him.

Guys always break her heart, and I'm always here to comfort her. I honestly feel bad for her sometimes.

"Are you sure you're okay, you're nose is very bruised" she said to Amami, leaning in closer to see.

Jesus, she's on stage two already. I hope amami is truly a nice guy. Please don't break her heart!!

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry!" Amami said.

Hmm, normally guys react differently. Like they get all stuttery, and blush whenever a girl is close. Granted, that doesn't really happen to me either, but that's with most boys.

After that, we just talked for another half hour. Until the bell rang.

We all said our goodbyes, and went to class.