Threats (5)

The next day

<Molly's POV>

I woke up to the sound scratches at my door. I rolled out of bed to let my hungry cat in.

"Hey there Squishy." I said leaning over to pick up the round cat. Lenny looked at me and mewed once more.  "Fine, Lets go get you some food." He jumped out of my arms and walked beside me down the wooden staircase. I grabbed the bag of cat food off the table and pored a cup into his bowl. I then went to grab my phone from the charger on the kitchen counter. Still sleepy eyed I scrolled through my notifications there was the usual Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a few texts from a family group chat I didn't care about but there was one that caught my eye. I never used calendar
notifications so I curiously opened it.

"Prison release date" it read.

"Shit!" I whispered as panic came across me. I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran back upstairs before anyone else woke up.

About an hour later Lana walked in. "Hey, your up early." 

"Ya the cat woke me up."

Lana giggled "He loves you."

"Ya." I replied not lifting my eyes from the show I was watching.

"Are you ok? Is there anything you want to talk about?" Lana asked 

"I'm fine.What would I need to talk about?" I lied 

Lana sat down beside me and paused the TV. "Do you really think I would forget?" She said placing her hand on mine.

"I still don't know what your talking about." I lied

"The Deen's? I know you wouldn't forget." Lana said pulling me into a hug.

-Flash Back to about a year and a half ago-

I was sitting on the couch doing homework when there was a knock at the door.

"Molly!" Paige yelled from the other room.

"I got it!" I yelled back. I opened the door and found 5 cops and a social worker. I swallowed hard "Can I help you?"

"Are your parents home?" The man in the front asked.

"Yes? Wh....." Before I could finish my sentence all of the police stormed in.

There was so much chaos. Some of the men were ripping open drawers and throwing couch cushions on the floor. While the others were arresting my foster parents.

"Whats going on?" I asked scared and overwhelmed. I really didn't want to be taken to a foster home where I couldn't go to work. I trusted Lana and the cast to keep me safe. I didn't want to be taken away from that. My current family was more abusive than any home I had been in before but I was so scared of losing my friends and the few people that did care about me. 

The social worker placer her hands on my shoulders and smiled. "We got multiple calls from a family you know saying these people are not treating you well. We looked into it more and I want to apologize for putting you into a harmful situation.

I stared blankly at her worried for what would come next.

"There is a very nice couple waiting outside to take you in. They have been working really hard the past few months to get approved to take you in. Why don't you go grab your things and get ready to go." She said 

I walked slowly to my room past all of the police who were struggling to arrest my foster parents. I grabbed a trash bag out of the closet and threw everything I owned inside. There wasn't much, when I had moved here 2 years ago I had more but over time my parents broke stuff and I grew out of my clothes. They never bought me anything new so I had to save up my lunch money to buy clothes. I walked back out to see my foster father on the ground with a taser in his back and his hands cuffed behind him. My foster mother was pushed to the ground next to him.