Chapter 38

*me trying to figure out how all of you lovely human beings are actually enjoying this bummy ass story

thank you guys for 30k reads!! also thank you for being so patient with my slacking of updating. i don't wanna make it seem like i'm just making up excuses, but it's seriously just personal issues going on. but thanks for putting up with me. it means a lot. 😭❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

alright, on to the storyyyyy ☺️

~~
10:23 PM
Chris's House

Chris hopped out of the car, before grabbing my hand and helping me out of the vehicle also. He closed the door to the back seat, and we both thanked his driver before walking off to his front door.

I took this time to actually admire his house at this time as the moonlight shined in the sky. The pool looked beautiful from the lights that were inside of it, white lights shined perfectly on the walkway to the front door step, it was just beautiful. Chris is one blessed human being.

"I love coming to your house at night time." I said as we walked.

He looked at me before focusing back on the door. "Why?"

"I can't explain it." I shrugged my shoulders as I watched him tamper with his keychain, trying to find the right key that goes to the door. "Your house just really pops at night."

He chuckled as he took the appropriate key before putting it into the lock and twisting the front door wide open. He let me go inside first, before following right behind. Looking around, the whole downstairs was silent and pitch black before Chris turned on the light switch revealing his beautifully furnished home.

We walked further into his house to get more settled in, and the only thing you could hear was the squeaks that were coming from our shoes.

"Your house has never been this peaceful before." I joked as I kicked off my shoes.

"Yes it has." He said. "You've just never been here when it was."

I nodded my head and pursed my lips before making my way to his kitchen. Snack cabinet here I come.

"Where's Sinko and Caswell?" I asked as I stood on my tippy toes and moved things around in the cabinet, trying to see everything that was available to me.

"Sinko should be here. I think he upstairs. And I'm pretty sure that Caswell is with his girl." Chris came over to the kitchen area and plugged up his phone with the charger that he had in his hand.

I nodded my head while finally deciding to just go with a casual honey bun. I closed the cabinet and went to the refrigerator before grabbing a bottle of water to go along with my snack.

"Is Caswell ever here? Seems like he's always gone."

"Nah, he's never here." He said as he watched me stand across from him behind the island. "He's moving out soon though."