Chapter 60

4 hours before showtime..

Carrie P.O.V
I left the area from where the stage was and it took forever for me to make it to the top of the stairs. This is because we were of course at the very bottom.

I'm not really upset, because technically I don't have a reason to be.

I wasn't looking for a reason to piss him off, nor was I looking to have an extremely long conversation about his 'ex'. Like obviously he has to rehearse and has a whole ass show to get ready for; why would I expect to have an extremely long conversation about her?

I was genuinely just looking for a short answer as to why he hasn't brought her up to me. If I would've known that it'd tick him off as much as it did, I would've just stayed quiet about it. Considering how much it bothered him, it did nothing except make me more curious about her.

I shook my thoughts away, because this situation was never that serious to begin with. I focused right back on my original task, and that was to find Layla.

As soon as I turned a corner, I saw a first bathroom. It would make sense for Layla to go to the first bathroom that she saw, so that's the one I checked first.

Before I even entered inside of it all the way, I heard her talking and she sounded pretty upset. I stayed at the entrance of the bathroom and listened for a few moments before confronting her.

"The fuck do you mean you're here?!" She yelled. I already concluded that she was on the phone with someone. "Nigga no! I'm on tour right now, and I'm not suppose to be initiating any drama!"

She listened from the other end before speaking again. "I'm not going to get a fucking DNA test! It's yours! We've been through this shit a trillion and a billion times; I only went raw with you."

Soo.. you can go raw with an ain't shit ass ex but not your current boyfr- okay.

I kept listening and she went quiet again. "You're such an asshole. I'm not aborting my baby nigga. End of discussion. If you don't want to be in it's life, then don't be. I'm tired of going back and forth with yo ass." She said calmly. "We don't need you. If you want a DNA test to validate it, then so be it. Whatever you want. I don't even care anymore."

"Layla, what's going on?" I finally revealed myself from the other side of the bathroom.

She jumped at my sudden tone of voice before turning around. She looked semi surprised and she silently told me to wait while using her pointer finger.

She focused back on her phone call. "I bet not see you. That's all I have to say." Those were her last words before hanging up the phone. She closed her eyes and sighed as she rubbed her forehead.

I just crossed my arms and leaned up against the wall patiently. "Well?" I spoke up.

She looked at me. "Why are you in here?"

"You were taking forever." I answered. "Looks to me that you were doing more than just using the bathroom."

She put her hands on her hips as she shook her head. "Clay's here."

My head went backwards hearing that one. "Clay's here?" I repeated her statement. She nodded her head verifying it. "What do you mean he's here? Here where?"

"He's here in Seattle." She said.

I looked at her weirdly. "But why?"

"I guess his girlfriend lives here." She said. "He claims that he came to visit her, and he's been here for a couple of weeks already."

"Wait." I paused. "So, Clay cheated on his girlfriend with you?"

She shook her head. "Well atleast not that I'm aware of. He claims they got together a month after we had sex, but who the fuck knows with him."