Chapter 47

*please excuse the errors. i didn't proof read

Carrie P.O.V
I turned my head towards Chris as a natural reaction just out of me speaking to him. When I looked at him, he had complete anger written all over his face. I was honestly confused because as little as five minutes ago, just before I went to go grab my laptop, he was perfectly fine. "What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

He looked so pissed off. The hell was wrong with him?

He did a breathy chuckle as he slightly twisted his body around towards the counter. After doing so, he brought my phone back into my vision. He put it up to my face before clicking the screen on. I read the only notification that was visible and it was a text message from the last person I was texting.

"Now who the fuck is David?" He asked angrily. My heart immediately dropped just from the tone of his voice. I couldn't find the words in my mouth to answer his question.

"W-What?" I only managed to say as my words stuttered.

He clicked my phone off before setting it back down on the counter. He then turned back to face me and made sure that our eyes were completely locked together. "Who. The. Fuck. Is. David."

I swallowed the huge lump in my throat, before trying to think of my words and choosing them carefully and wisely. "Chris..." I said as calmly as possible. "Please calm d-"

"Carrie..." His calm and angered tone interrupted my sentence. "I'm trying really hard to keep my composure right now. Answer my question before things get out of hand. Who's David? I'm not gone ask yo ass again."

I decided to just give him the direct answer he was looking for at that moment considering the fact at how pissed off he was, and I totally understand why. I'm already well aware of how Chris gets when he gets angry, and if it's not taken care of as soon as possible, things can get out of hand. So I'll just listen to him and cooperate, and explain myself and everything afterwards.

"He's a friend.." I answered honestly. "Just a friend." I then stopped and thought about what I just said. "Matter fact, he's barely a friend to me. He's just someone that texted me first and someone that I casually keep in touch with every once in a while."

Chris's sudden loud tone made my body naturally jump. "What the hell you need to keep in touch with the nigga for?!" He pushed. "Is he a family member?"

"No." I said shamefully. "But-"

"Is the nigga a friend that you knew way before you met me?"

"Chris, no but-"

"Aight then." He cut me off once again. "Why the fuck is you texting him?"

I then rose my eyebrows from hearing his sentence, and my neck slightly went backwards. "You tryna say I can't have guys as friends?"

"Nah, see you twisting my fucking words." He said. "I probably wouldn't even give a fuck if the nigga wasn't texting you on some flirty ass shit. And actually now that I think about it, what the fuck you need other guy friends for?" He questioned me. "If you didn't already know them before you met me, what's the fucking point? I'm technically the only guy friend you need. Yo ass would have a fit if you seen me just conversing with a female you've never seen before."

"Chris. Can you please just calm down and let me explain?" I pleaded to him. He was really pissed, and unfortunately, he was pissed at me. I honestly hate when he gets like this, especially if I'm the cause of it.

He clenched his jaw before doing a deep sigh. His eyes then traveled up to mine, to let me know that he was all ears. "Talk."

"Finally.." I thought to myself. "Okay so remember the day that all of us had went out to eat with each other?"