하나

loka - simone e simara

"you've crossed the line this time, na jaemin!" said boy's mother furiously lashed out. she couldn't believe finding her own son drunk and wandering around the streets of seoul after sneaking out the house for a stupid party.

jaemin always did things like this. always left his home at three in the morning, always broke the rules in school. always fought. always rebelled. his mother understood why, but now it was getting out of her control, and she had to do something about it.

"i can't believe this. you're seventeen years old and you still can't seem to take care of yourself," jaemin's mother sighed, staring her son down angrily as he sat on the couch in his living room hearing the scolding coming his way.

"i'm getting you a babysitter."

jaemin immediately groaned and rolled at his eyes at this. he's seventeen! he doesn't need some old babysitter to watch him!

"why!? i didn't even do much this time anyway!" he retorted, yet knowing deep down in heart his mother was doing this because she cared. something his father couldn't ever do for him.

"you snuck out at two in the morning for a party, got drunk, then wounded up sleeping in a ditch across the fucking city, jaemin!" she screeched.

now jaemin knew he was in trouble. his mother never swore at him, and when she did it was because she was pissed. deciding it was best to stay silent, the boy stood up and simply nodded.

"alright fine, whatever. 'm going to my room." he mumbled, heading upstairs while hearing his mother let out a big, frustrated sigh.

jaemin knew he should probably stop doing what he's doing. it's not good for him, at all. he always let his trust issues and anger problems get to him, which was why he acted out this way.

everyone's got their own ways of relaxation, right?

well, jaemin's just happened to be partying.

the boy groaned into his pillow after flopping down on his bed, deciding to take a shower in his bedroom bathroom to try and wash off the annoyance stinging his mind.

after, he dressed into an oversized black hoodie along with some grey sweatpants, and then went on his phone for the rest of the day though it was around two in the afternoon.

his mother worked tirelessly for the two of them, seeing as how she was a single parent. she had her shift from four to ten p.m every night at a bar that pays very generously.

he didn't come out of his room at all for the rest of the day, until hearing his mother's now more calmed-down voice.

"jaemin?"

the boy sat up from his bed, and opened his room door (which no longer had a lock on it because he wasn't trusted enough to have one).

"yes?" he called out equally as softly as his mother. "come downstairs. i want you to meet someone." she told.

jaemin silently groaned, remembering this 'babysitter' was actually starting today. he thought his mother was lying. well, turns out she wasn't.

the boy expected some old lady who would force him to sit with her and learn how to knit or something. he expected someone so boring and just plain stupid.

but what he expected, -- wasn't what he got.

"here's lee jeno, your new babysitter."

«🖊»

writing this at three a.m because the idea literally just popped into my head

what is my life lol

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura. 🌿