Chapter 5: Sewers

Indigo stared down at the walkers. There were so many. It was hard to believe they use to be people. Living. Breathing. Normal. Humans. Now they were all gone. Andrea came up behind Indi looking out at the city.

"My god, it's like Times Square down there." She said in awe.

"I wish I could go to Times Square." Indi said to the blonde lady who placed a hand on her back.

"I'm sure you will."

Morales and T-Dog were still working in contacting the others but there was still no signal. It was hot on top of the roof and Indigo hated it. When it was hot before everything, momma and pa use to take her swimming. It was a lot of fun, but I guess things have changed. Atleast she had Bear and Rick to talk to, I guess the others too. She didn't know for how long though.

"How's that signal?" Asked Morales who was clearly getting frustrated not knowing how their group was back at their camp.

"Like Dixons brain...weak." T-Dog stated. Merle scoffed in response. He was still handcuffed to the roof, Rick watching him closely.

"Keep trying." Morales replied walking over to Rick.

Andrea held Indigos hand as she walked up to the men, "Why? There's nothing they can do. Not a damn thing."

"Got some people outside the city is all. There's no refugee centre." Morales said, "That's a pipe dream."

Rick took Indigos hand, Andrea letting go of her other hand. "Then she's right. We're on our own. It's up to us to find a way out." Rick spoke, most of them nodding softly.

"How?" Indi asked looking up at Rick.

"We stick together, and we fight our way out."

"Good luck with that. From what I hear, these streets ain't safe in this part of town." Merle stated. "Ain't that right, sugar tits?"

"We're not blind, Merle. We can see its death road down there." Andrea rolled her eyes as he eyed Andrea with a smug grin.

"Hey, honeybunch, lets say you get me out of these cuffs?" Merle grinned as Andrea eyed him in disgust, "we go off somewhere and bump some uglies? Gonna die anyway."

"I'd rather die."

"Rub muncher. I figured as much." Merle scoffed at the woman.

"The streets ain't safe." Morales shook his head at Merle, "now there's an understatement."

Merle placed his middle finger up at Morales who turned away scoffing

Merle placed his middle finger up at Morales who turned away scoffing. Indigo rolled her eyes moving back to the side wall of the rooftop viewing the streets which were flooded with mon-walkers now. There had to be a way out that there was less of a chance of them all being killed. Then it clicked in her head as she ran back over to the adults, "What about under the streets? The u...um...se...s-"