Chapter 16: Fight

They walk up to the building and the doors open up. A slightly older man walks out. He must have been Guillermo.

"You okay, little man?" He says looking at the boy who Daryl had a tight grip on.

He struggled in Daryl's grasp, "They're gonna cut off my feet, carnal."

Guillermo lifted a brow, "Cops do that?"

Miguel shook his head at Rick, "Not him." He nodded at Daryl who angrily stared back, "This redneck puto here. He cut off some dude's hand, man. He showed it to me."

"Shut up." Daryl spat furiously.

Another man from back at the alley way comes out pointing a gun at Daryl, "Hey, that's that Vato right there, homes. He shot me in the ass with an arrow. What's up, homes, huh?"

Guillermo placed a hand on his shoulder, "Chill, ese, chill. Chill." He turned back to Rick looking at Daryl in disgust, "This true? He wants Miguelito's feet? That's pretty sick, man."

"We were hoping more for a calm discussion." Rick replied hinting Daryl who scoffed.

"That hillbilly jumps Felipe's little cousin, beats on him, threatens to cut off his feet,". Guillermo states anger slipping into his tone, "Felipe gets an arrow in the ass and you want a calm discussion? You fascinate me."

Rick shrugged slightly, "Heat of the moment. Mistakes were made on both sides."

"Who's that dude to you anyway? You don't look related." He said to Rick as he eyed the building, just in case.

"He's one of our group, more or less." Rick responded, "I'm sure you have a few like him."

"You got my brother in there? Daryl questioned still hoping his brother was nearby.

"Sorry, we're fresh out of white boys. But I've got Asian. You interested?"

"I have one of yours, you have one of mine." Rick said trying to make a deal, "Sounds like an even trade."

"Don't sound even to me."

"G. Come on, man." Miguel pleaded slightly.

"My people got attacked." He spat in anger, "Where's the compensation for their pain and suffering? More to the point, where's my bag of guns?"

"Guns?" Rick questioned.

"The bag Miguel saw in the street." Guillermo stated, "The bag Felipe and Jorge were going back to get. That bag of guns."

Rick shook his head, "You're mistaken."

"I don't think so."

"About it being yours. It's my bag of guns."

"The bag was in the street. Anybody could come around and say it was theirs. I'm supposed to take your word?" Guillermo told Rick pacing, "What's to stop my people from unloading on you right here and now and I take what's mine?"

"You could do that. Or not." Rick indicates to the wall, T-Dog has the sniper rifle pointed at Guillermo.

"Come on, man. Make the trade. Please." T-Dog whispers shifting the sniper rifles weight.

"Oye." Guillermo calls out. Rick stares in confusion when two men appear on the roof with Glenn. His heart races as he looks back at Guillermo, "I see two options. You come back with Miguel and my bag of guns, everybody walks. Or you come back locked and loaded, we'll see which side spills more blood."

The Vatos head back into the hideout and shut the door. Rick bites his lip watching Glenn disappear from the rooftop.

---------