The Spread

(Hey guys! Above is a Video explaining more on the history of pandemics and more on how it's able to spread.  Hope you enjoy!)

The mother from McDonald's worked another 5 hours after her contact with Ethan.  In which she made 45 burgers,  34 batches of fries, 38 drinks and 19 kids meals.  All while handing them over to their customers who touch their car,face,body,passengers,  and children.  After her shift she clocks out and drives home with leftovers from work.  She comes home with a headache from her shift and sets the meals down for her children and takes some Advil and takes a nap. 

The cashier works for another 4 hours after his encounter with Ethan.  On which he stocked shelves, made contact with approximately 23 customers and their animals.  As he took some medication for a possible fever and drank some water.  He worked for another hour before his shift was over.  He clocked out and drove home.  He goes home and lays down and falls asleep. 

Three days go by and the mother becomes violently ill and is rushed to the hospital along with her three children.  At the same time 14 other patients arrive in the same condition.  She is pronounced dead as well as her three children.  She died at age 45, her oldest 19, middle 16, youngest 12.

Two days go by for the man and is rushed to the emergency room as he vomits blood and has a seizure wile at work.  He dies at 28 on the way to the hospital as another 12 people are reporting the same symptoms as the man are admitted into the emergency ward. 

Word reaches the media and they run a report as more people flood the emergency room

This is ABC World News Tonight with Tyler Schied.

"Good evening to you all on this Monday night. 
We begin with an alarming amount of people rushed to Virginia Hospital Centre with severe symptoms.  Doctors can't confirm yet what the pathogen is but a doctor by the name of Dr. Meghan Rolland believes that there is a possible connection with the outbreak and the recent containment breach the Langley's Centre for Disease Control.  The Chief of Staff,  Dr. Morales has yet to comment.  "

Meanwhile,  Dr. Nelson is in the lab conversing with Dr. Ha-Yoon in Korea. 
"Ha-Yoon,  what have you found so far as to the H5N1 in Seoul? "
"So far,  we haven't seen any other effects on any other species,  including humans. We are however,  keeping a very close eye on a small cluster of the common flu in Bundang.  What about in Virginia? "
Amy replied
"It's a fucking mess, first my assistant is no where to be found and I'm scared to death that something may have happened to him,  with everything going on.  Secondly,  we have around 30 cases of an unknown pathogen and Langley is being put under a curfew.  There is word that a barricade will be set up tomorrow.  As of now all flights leaving Virginia are grounded and flights coming in are deterred,  but the virus may have already spread else where. I'm awaiting samples from the patients to see if they are infected with the same strain that we found earlier.  If so...  We're gonna need more help. "
Dr. Ha-Yoon replied
"I've contacted the WHO and they've sent alert notices to every major country including Ireland, Britain,  the EU,  and most of Asia.  "
"Smart thinking!  "
A notice arrives on her screen
" The samples are here ill give you a call back when I had a chance to look at the subjects "
"Thanks bye! "
She ends the call and loads the mother and the man and two others who also died and begins an autopsy. 

The sound of a medical saw echoes loudly as the mortician and the medical staff examine the bodies

"Severe hemorrhaging in the brain and multiple blood vessels bursting around the cornea and the interior chamber"
"As well as pneumonia like fluid in the lungs.  "
"Bleeding in the stomach,  liver,kidneys,and lungs "
"Whatever this is..  It liquefied many major organ systems "
"Jesus Christ man...  They died painfully... "
One of the medical staff leaves the room and revolts in utter disgust. 
"I need samples of the major effected areas " Amy commanded
The mortician and the staff do so
After 2 hours of examination, Amy's fears were confirmed.  She rushes to Dr. Morales with her findings
"DOCTOR!!  DOCTOR PLEASE!!  "
"Amy..  This had better be go-"
"The people that died! It's the mutated virus!  The one that escaped!  "
He chuckled "There no way,  we scrubbed everything reme-"
"SIR!YOU'RE NOT LISTENING. I have solid evidence that this is only going to get worse."
"We've already concluded that the outbreak was confirmed to be a severe salmonella outbreak in the beef and fish."
She paused..  Stunned..  Confused..
"Thats not true.. Salmonella doesn't cause it's patients organs to liquefy... "
"Amy..  I think you need to take a break..  Go on home. "

She left without saying a word.  She looked back at everything she'd collected. The evidence from Korea. She held her face and sighed. 

Ten minutes later --
-Amy's POV-
I get a phone call and at first I didn't want to answer it. Feeling like I doubted myself.. I take a look and it's Mark.. 

A- Hey baby what's up? 
M- Hey I just heard about what's happening in Richmond.  With those people. What do you think it was?
- Well we found out it was salmonella... 
-but...? 
- It doesn't add up!  I have a mountain of evidence that proves that something but is coming! The birds that have been dying,the accidental exposure at the CDC...  It all adds up! 
- I'm not limiting you,  but you should be careful.

I look at my phone which was telling me I have another incoming call.  IT WAS NATHAN! 

-Mark I have to go! 
-wait A-..
*beep beep beep*
A-Nathan!? 
N- well there's something here,  we've brought hazmat suits and closed off the house.  I also hot a report on where Ethan is...
- oh thank god he's okay! 
There was a silence..  And my heart dropped..
-Nathan.. Please... Please tell me he's okay.. 
-I packed some samples of fluids..  It's blood and mucus.. 
-.. Oh... Oh. Christ..
I say letting out a gasp in horror
- Amy,  I'm on my way over.  Just stay there. 

I couldn't help but cry softly as I replied
-okay..

I hung up the phone and sat..  I look down at a report and I can't see it..  My eyes have been clouded with tears.. 

-this.. This is my fault...