History in the making

(Guess who's Back! Back again! TheRealist is back! Tell your Friends! Welcome Back to PANDEMIC (H5N5) Covid-19 will not be taking me today so let us continue the show! Above is a video that can give you an idea of the death toll of many pandemics throughout history.  Fun Fact: Disease has taken more lives than all the wars of human history combined! you're actually more likely to die from a disease than a war. Bad timing?) 

The weight of it all is almost unbearable, the heat of the July sun whipped lashes on our gear as the only brief relief is the coolness of refrigerated trucks.

'They just keep coming' I thought.
We resorted to industrial garbage bag, we ran out of body bags a week ago.

'what is this.. 379.. no.. 380.. I lost count..'

The heat scorches our exposed skin and makes the stench of the death even worse. The dead are filled with blisters caused by the virus and death doesn't kill it either. It can live in a dead host for up to a week. It breaks my heart as I look at the hundreds of people who died alone, no friends, no family, no one to mourn them.

The men grow exhausted as the daily 14 hour shifts drive them to clean the city house-by-house as well as the constant civil unrest by the occupants. The military set up a Quarantine Zone NW of Newark that houses a litte more than 2,000 people, which echoes the tremendous toll the virus, 2,000 people in a city that was bustling with more than 250,000 men, women, and children. we have it good here, there are reports of soilder abandoning thier posts and leaving the occupants to fend for themselves near chicago and down near Phoenix.

QZ Newark has 5 entry points and Check Point Alpha is the main gate in and out of the QZ where teams of 5 are deployed on hunts to remove the dead and to steralize houses and if possible find survivors

QZ Newark has 5 entry points and Check Point Alpha is the main gate in and out of the QZ where teams of 5 are deployed on hunts to remove the dead and to steralize houses and if possible find survivors. 5 teams take intervals going on hunts, afterwhich they are quarantined for 24 hours and tested for the virus while being housed in a nearby housing complex, once cleared they are able to resume their duties as instructed.

I report to the locker room and suit up as today in my teams day to go on a hunt. As I strap on my gear and put on my face mask i grab my firearms and report ton the main gate. checking the time at 0545 (5:45 AM) and I slowly ee the dark summer night catch a glimmer of sunlight. I reported to the gate almost an hour earlier and what wouldnt I give for internet now. As I waited for my team to come I began to wonder what Amy was doing now? Was she asleep? awake? waking up? We had a fight and we havent talked for a couple of days. It was over something stupid, so stupid in fact that i cant even remember what it was about.

By 0730 (7:30 AM) my team was ready. Accompanying were Privates Alexi Alanzo and Joseph Connors, Lieutenant Frida Amhud, and the Section Commander Allessandra (Alex) Rodriguez. My team and my best friends in the end of the world. At 0800 (8:00 AM) on July 19, 2021 we are assined to Section G about 10 miles away from the QZ, we would pass Liberty airport and head for the town of Elizabeth. Being deployed with us are 8 refrigerated trucks and a team of disposals we call "FireStarters" in charge setting what we need to be burned on fire. As we sperhead the line, I feel an overwhelming sense of Anxiety as we head into the HotZone, beyoned these armoured gates is an invisible enemy that can strike at any moments notice and that has taken the lives of more than 50 million dead in the States alone.