Public Enforcement

As Mark gets comfortable as Amy is still at the office. He gets a phone call, it's from his commanding officer. Commander Benitez.. of all people..

"Hello."
"Mark, it's Nathan.. listen .. we need you on the force. Whatever is going on, we need you."
It must be really bad.. for them to call me back.
" Where do you need me?"
" We need you stationed in Newark, we have Intel stating that half of the city is safely secure in the quarantine. While the other are in the slim like stations that didn't make it into the quarantine. The situation is rapidly deteriorating. "

Within hours I was being debriefed about the situation.

Newark was totally unprepared from r what was happening. The National guard had been called and many of them got sick.
Women and children were separated if one of them were sick.

We were stationed in the city's town hall and I was in charge of making sure they knew how dangerous the situation was.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not the typical common cold. This is a virus that has one of the highest mortality rate since the Spanish Influenza. Newark needs work. Body disposal is a must. We need to go door to door and clear out everything. I mean Everything! Clothes bedding, curtains, any type of fabric needs to be disposed of. I know were short staffed, but it's something that has to be done to prevent the virus from spreading."

I look at the horrified faces and I sympathize with these people. Their whole world began to burn when they realized many of their family members got sick or some of them being amongst the dead.
"Every single one of you will be tested for the virus and within 24 hours we will know if you are infected or not."
"If you are considered to be infected, you will be sent to the containment area where you will be monitored. If you experience symptoms or have been exposed, you will be sent to containment.
For all of you, stay 5 feet apart from each other and you will be tested one by one. We will check for physical symptoms first and contain those who are believed to be infected. "