The Big Surprise

Michael Clifford and I, Saphira James, had been dating for a year and a half, today was our anniversary. He had something special planned for today so I started getting ready.

I put on a floral black dress that went to my mid thigh, put on some cute heels that made me 5'10 instead of 5'8, and curl my brunette hair. He told me he had a surprise for me but he wouldn't tell me at all. I thought about texting Niall Horan, my best friend since 2nd grade.

~Hey Niall, do you know the surprise Michael is gonna tell me tonight?~

I wait a few minutes before he replies.

~Yes but why would I tell you? ;)~

I wasn't getting anywhere with him so I decided to sit and wait for Michael. I go downstairs and sit by my mom as we watch TV. She obviously knew the surprise but wouldn't tell me either. The doorbell rings and I open up to see Michael in a fancy tux.

"Well you make me look underdressed" he says with a small laugh.

"Oh please you look great." I wink at him.

"But you look better!" he holds out his hand and I take it. We walk to his car and he opens the door for me like the perfect gentleman.

***********************************

I see that we're going to the Hollywood sign which I think is really romantic of him. We both get out of the car and he goes to the trunk and pulls out a blanket, a picnic basket, and champagne he stole from his parents.

We sit on the blanket for awhile and enjoy our spaghetti, my favorite food. We talk and laugh as we usually do and everything is just simple. He leans over and kisses me then pushes me down onto the blanket. We sit there and cuddle under the stores when I remember the surprise.

"Hey tell me the surprise now!" I say excitedly.

"Okay well there's no easy way to ask this but, will you go on tour with my band and One Direction? we're their opening act." he says shyly. I nearly scream and give him the biggest hug.

"Yes I would love to! I'm so proud of you!" I kiss his cheek and he just smiles at me. We lay down for about more minutes and we decide to leave.

We pull into the driveway and he walks me to the doorstep. He leans in and kisses me. I put my hands around his neck and he rests his on my butt. We stay in that embrace but then my Mom opens the door. We freeze.

"Well I should go! love you" he quickly walks away, gets into his car, and leaves my house. I walk into the house and my mom asks if I knew the surprise. She was acting as if she didn't see anything which made me feel a lot better.

"I wish you weren't leaving me" she says with a hint of sadness. She was a single mom and I knew she didn't do well alone but I promised I would call her every night. She feels better and I kiss her cheek then go up to my room.

I stay up late and decide to text Michael.

~Thanks for everything tonight. I love you~

He replies in seconds as he usually does.

~I love you too! by the way we leave in 4 days~

I drop my phone and get stressed out right away. Four days?! How could I get packed for an eight month tour in four days? I decide not to worry about it too much and plug my phone in. I'm going to be on a tour bus with nine boys. I have no idea what's ahead for me but I know I'm really excited.