His Game

I hope I get the job this time. I'm short on time as it is and I've got to pay the rent. I've got to give it all. I have to get on the good side.

All these thoughts were running inside little Mr. Nicholas' head. A tiny boy of 5'2, 23 years old, dirty blonde hair and green eyes.

Not only he had trouble getting anywhere in a crowd, he had a hard time convincing anybody that he is 23 and not 15. They even doubted the authenticity of his ID. God knows he had trouble.

But he needed to score this job. He just needed this.

         **************************
"Mr. Nicholas Robinson, Mr. Rounds will see you now."

The pretty petite receptionist announced.

Nicholas' pov

My heart was pounding so bad I thought it would burst out any minute.

I knock on the varnished wooden door of Mr. Rounds office. Mr. Jordan Rounds. The man who became billionaire in his twenties. Good Lord now that's luck. Or hard work. He was also deemed the most eligible bachelor but he was never rumoured to be seeing anyone.

Whatever the case, I hope that he gives me this job. Here goes.

"Come in."

I push the doors and step into the office. It was so huge and the decor....oh God!

I forget where I am and I stand there and stare in awe. Until I saw the man sitting behind the huge desk.

Then I had no doubt I couldn't do this. No one could do enough work to satisfy this hulk of a man.

I was so about to turn and run out the door when I heard him say:
"Have a seat"

I stare at him.

God have mercy on my poor soul. Those lips... Plum, beautiful. That jawline. And the slight, sturdy stubble amplified his handsome looks. His oh so perfect black hair in a perfect quiff that I could die for.

His cheekbones... What to say.  Then I look at his eyes. Black. Completely black and beautiful. Also it was laughing at me.

I realized he was laughing at me the entire time I was checking him out. I could feel my neck and ears grow hot.  I do as he says and walk on liquid feet to his desk and sit.

The interview began. Mr Rounds began from the most simplest questions and then went on to the important ones. I was able to successfully answer all of them. I just hoped that he was satisfied by them because I was trying so hard without showing.

After an hour or so, he was done.

"Give me a moment and I will let you know what I think."

I couldn't fathom his answer as he didn't let much on but I waited patiently.

After a while he turned his attention to me. I waited patiently. He put his fingers on his chin and pretended to think. I got even more nervous.

"So.. Mr Robinson. How was the interview?"
"Ummm.. Ok I guess. "
"Interesting," he said.
"Umm... what's interesting?"

He didn't reply. He simply looked at me and seemed lost in his own thoughts. I let him be.

After sometime he snapped out of his thoughts and asked me,
"Are you seeing anyone at the moment  Nicholas?"
That threw me off mark. Startled, I answered no.

Not that I was not interested in anyone, it's just that I  never found anyone to be with. Sure I had relationships before but they were all with stupid assholes who didn't know how to treat anyone right. Yes. Guys. I dated guys. Always been gay.