Part 16

LOUIS POV

After my shower I end up in my room studying most of the night, Ben and Casey come to check on me and Harry comes to say goodbye, they try to talk to me but I shut down and tell them everything is fine. I know they don't believe me though. I stay up studying all night and I get a total of 45 mins sleep, I look a mess the next day. Neither Ben nor Casey comment on my appearance but they know something is still off about me.

At school, I don't see Harry until maths and Niall has taken the day off to move all of his stuff over to Liam and Zayn's, I'm really happy for him and Zayn and I really hope they are happy together, I do feel a little left out though and like Niall is becoming better friends with Liam. I push those thoughts aside though as I walk into maths class. Mr Styles is standing at the front of the class and he smiles at me when I enter. I smile back at him and take my seat at the back of the classroom.

"Okay everyone lets leave the gossip for the school yard, take out your books and turn to page 96" Harry tells the class.

There are groans from a few people that Harry laughs at, but everyone takes out their books and the lesson begins.

"So we need to find B and C so that that parabola with equation y=4x2 - by x -1" Harry relays the problem on the board.

I am so board and have no idea what's going on and I can't concentrate, I'm just so tired. I find myself slowly nodding off and I don't even realise I've fallen asleep until Harry is coaxing me awake.

"Louis, baby wake up" his gentle voice says in my ear.

I stir awake and lift my head off the Desk and rub my eyes with my fists.

"I'm so sorry....." I tell him

I look around the classroom and realise everyone has left.

"It's okay baby, were you up late last night?" Harry asks me.

He kneels down in front of me and swipes my hair away from my forehead.

"Yeah, I only got 45 mins of sleep, I was studying for my test" I say shyly.

"Lou, you are going to burn yourself out, you need to sleep. Don't stress about your test I'm sure it will be fine. I know you can pass" Harry tells me smiling.

I look into his eyes and I can tell he really believes what he is saying, I just know I'm going to disappoint him. I love Harry so much and I can't offer him anything, I just don't understand why he wants anything to do with me.

"I have to pass this test Harry, I'm disappointing everyone and I can't get kicked off the football team and I'm going to get kicked off and I just...." I start.

"Oh little one, look at me" Harry says.

I look towards his beautiful face.

"You are not disappointing anyone, you are going to pass this test and if you don't then you don't, we will figure something out okay" he tells me.

I nod my head at him and he smiles at me, I stand up and make my way to the front of the classroom and wait while Harry grabs his stuff. I'm glad I'm walking out with Harry today, I won't run into my dad if I'm with Harry, he wouldn't risk getting caught by Harry.

We make our way out to the carpark, as we are rounding the corner where I was grabbed yesterday by my dad I panic a little, I'm actually really scared. I close my eyes for a moment and absentmindedly start playing with the sleeves of my shirt. When I open my eyes again Harry is looking at me worriedly, he stops walking and faces me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"What's wrong Louis?" He asks me.

I'm about to answer when I look behind Harry's head and I see my dad leaning against the brick wall smirking at me. My breathing picks up, he is looking at me with such hatred. He then casually gestures his thumb across his neck as though he is going to slit my throat, he then pushes himself off the wall and disappears. I hadn't realised I was visibly shaking until Harry brings me back to my senses.