We're in London

“Don’t spend too much money! Watch out for strangers! Don’t be out past ten!”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Howell, I’ll make sure Dan eats his vegetables and is a good boy,” Phil says to my mum once we head out the door, me swatting his hand away once he ruffles my hair like a kid.

“Shove off,” I mumble, but chuckle at his words, suitcase dragging behind me across the gravel that leads to our paved driveway.

“Oh you know what I mean, just- have fun boys!” My mum says back once more as soon as were by the car and after I had squeezed my suitcase in the trunk of Phil’s very small car.

“We will!” I call to her and climb in the passenger seat while Phil did the same to the driver’s, turning on the car with music blaring out of the speakers. “Finally,” I mumble and pull my seat belt across my chest once we eventually got away from my mum’s orders and off to being on our own.

“I know,” Phil returned and shook his head, soon to pull out of the driveway and be on their way out of Manchester and heading to London.

~

“Do you know what hotel we’re staying at?” I ask, legs now folded on the seat and my head practically stuck out the window like a dog as I had gotten bored from the continuous Iphone games which even though we’ve been in the car for such a long time, I just couldn’t fucking beat the high score to flappy bird.

“Yeah, it’s called Hilton. It’s a bit average, but better than sleeping on the streets I guess,” Phil shrugged and I nod, leaning my head a bit more out the window of the car, soon to gasp a bit once I catch sight of a sign that says ‘London’ on it.

“We’re here! Phil, we’re here!” I giggle like a child and bounce a little bit, Phil chuckling as well as we made it further in the town, and I found it hard to take my eyes away from everything the place had to offer, though, it was nearly the same as our home town.

“The hotel should be just up here too,” Phil smiles and turns the corner, both our eyes meeting a big building which had on the front ‘Hilton Honors.’ “Oh and the Alpha was right again,” Phil teases and I just hit his arm jokingly as we pull up and park, a grin unable to leave my face as I would realize that I’m finally old enough to do this shit on my own. “You excited?” I giggle and nod, opening the door and nearly bouncing over to the trunk in order to grab my bag out.

“We’re in London! How could I not be excited?” I smile and take Phil’s suitcase out as well and handing it to him.

“That is very true,” Phil responds and locks the door as we begin to make our way to the front of the hotel, going to the lobby, and checking in. “Four nights please,” Phil smiled and handed the woman a credit card that my mum gave us for the week, which we were supposed to ‘use only on essentials’ which I merely snorted at.

“One queen bed okay?” the woman at the desk asks us and Phil looks back at me, shrugging his shoulders as if showing me that it was my decision. I don’t know why he needed an answer though, I mean, we’ve slept in the same bed plenty of times before, one time even a twin mattress.

“Yeah, sure,” I say back and Phil turns and nods back at the employee who hands him back the card. We’ve decided that Phil should handle the credit card since he’s actually over twenty one while I’m still practically a teenager.

“Room 639,” she answers and hands us two keys, giving a wink to me, who just snorts at what the woman thought our intentions were.

“What?” Phil looks back at me but I just shake my head and grab his wrist, pulling him towards the elevator, chuckling a little bit under my breath.

“Nothing, let’s just be happy that we’re on the sixth floor! I hope we have a good view of London!” the elevator dings and we both step in, bags rolling behind us on their wheels.

“I’m sure we have a lovely view of a nice orphanage or some shit,” Phil replies and I press the correct button that would take us to our floor, unable to keep the giddy smile from being plastered across my lips.

“We’re in London,” I giggle and he just lets out a small chuckle at my excitement, shaking his head a little bit.

“Eighteen.. but the teen is silent,” Phil says back, almost a bit of awe in his tone. “Daniel James, you are quite the character.”

“Good! I rather enjoy being a character in my own story. Isn’t that the point of living?” I say and step out of the lift once we reached our floor, taking a left down the hallway as the sign had shown that our room would be down that way.

“Wow. So deep,” Phil responds with sarcasm in his tone, causing me to glance back and give him a fake glare, earning me a hit to my arm that wasn’t occupied rolling his suitcase close behind him.

“That’s what your mum said last night,”

Wow,

The so called ‘argument’ we were in ended quickly, once I had realized that we both missed our room when looking at each other, and it took us a near five more minutes than necessary to be able to track it down again. But then, we were in, and settled. My bag was on the right side of the bed, while his was on the left, along with my eyes being glued passed the window, unable to keep my gaze away from the London eye that was in the perfect view, lights surrounding it.

“You like?” Phil asks next to me and I turn, meeting his eyes, before flashing them back to the city, my lips barely parted still as I had never actually left Manchester before today.

“I love,” my words are a bit soft, and I can tell that my friend is chuckling under his breath, trying not to call any attention to his opinions, but in all honesty, happiness sort of just took over. Nothing really matters because I’m finally on my own and living my life.

“Do you want to go up there?” Phil whispers and I look at him with my eyebrow perched, trying to find an explanation of what ‘there’ is. “The London Eye?” I tear my eyes from his and look back at the big wheel, nodding with excitement.

“Yes! Yes, please. Wait? Can we go tonight?! Can we?! Can we?!”

“Dan, you’re eighteen now, you can make these decisions on your own,” Phil replies and giggles, turning and closing the curtain to shield my eyes from the beautiful scenery so we can walk back in the room where he grabs his phone and jacket.

“So we can go?”

“I don’t know, can we?”

“May we go?”

“Fuck, Dan, that’s not what I meant,” he laughs and turns, zipping his suitcase shut before looking back over at me. “What I mean is, you don’t need my permission. You can make your own choices, and that’s what I wished your mum would have shown you three years ago so you were ready for no.” I sigh slightly but smile, understanding the point he was trying to get across.

“Then we’re going,” I grin and pick up my hoodie, sliding it on and grabbing a room key where Phil did the same.

“Perfect. It’s settled,” 

Hey everyone! 

Okay, so I sent a message about this, but I thought I should put it somewhere here too.

I'm gaining followers here like no mother fucker knowwsss... and that's incredible! And trust me, I always do my best to try and read every comment you guys put- BUT of course, it's a bit hard when I get over 100 comments a day! (also omg thank you that's insane) Also, you don't know how much I would LOVE to answer each and every one of you! (ugh I sound like I'm famous but i'm not why do you like me)

SOOOOO i've come up with a solution! I made an instagram for this wattpad page called "phanwhitets" you can go look me up there and follow me!

If you have any comments about my stories or any questions about any of the plots you can either comment there or dm me :) I can GUARANTEE that I will read all your comments and your dm's and even answer you guys there! As well as you will probably be seeing spoilers, writing tips, and you can suggest anything that you want in my stories ^_^ so go follow me there, and stay tuned for the next chapter!