The Morning After

"Danny, Dan, hun, wake up," a gentle voice is in my ear the next morning, and a bare body is pressed up against my back. Of course, even though it's groggy a bit at first, I completely understand the situation and press back gently, a bit confused as to how we ended up staying in each other's arms for the whole wake up.

"Hm?" I giggle and turn around, snuggling close into Phil's chest, sighing sadly as his scent from last night had worn off, and his friend now smelled like he usually does, raspberries with a hint of coffee, and honestly, as much as I love sexy, sweaty, and aroused Phil, I would give anything to keep his natural scent the same.

"Are you okay?" Phil's hand brushes my fringe off my forehead, and as soon he tilts my chin up a little bit, I meet his bright eyes, and I can't help but to smile, a bit confused as to why this is meaning so much to me at the moment. It really could just be the fact that he just took my virginity, and my instincts are talking, but I know that I'm going to have to push the thoughts away sooner or later.

"Never been better," I smile and tilt my head a little bit, leaning into his gentle caress, but he doesn't really return the gesture. Phil's lips just tug down into a worried, grim line, and a few shaky breaths leave his lips.

"Oh, Dan, what have we done?" he shook his head and I merely bite my lip, seeing the concern in his eyes, and trying to push away how much content I was in and how I would do it all over again if I could. Of course, this isn't about me now, though.

"U-um," I stutter a bit and blush, trying to think of a response and not just a simple, 'we fucked up,' or, 'haha, guess we're mates, kiss that bitch of yours goodbye.' "I'm sorry-"

"No, don't say that," Phil shakes his head and groans a little, obviously stressed. "It wasn't you, it was your heat, please don't blame yourself. I should have controlled myself a little bit better,"

"Well, don't blame yourself either," I say and cock an eyebrow, frowning as he sat up from my grip, the blanket still covering his lower half- which I knew was still bare. "It's not like you don't have instincts, either. We both made a mistake, it will be okay,"

"It's not that simple," Phil says back and rubs at his temples. "I'm promised to another omega, my parents and your parents aren't stupid enough to not be able to catch the scent of an omega and Alpha who has recently mated, especially when it's their son." I sigh quietly and back up a little bit, leaning against the headboard.

"I really am sorry, Phil. I swear I thought my heat was the start of August, I had no idea that it was going to come early- I mean, it never has,"

"It's fine," Phil mumbles, but I can tell that he's pretty upset. "We'll just have to explain that we were both a little careless, and that we really didn't bond. It was just a dumb mistake. It didn't mean anything," I nod along to his words and glance down at my hands, which were fidgeting on their own nervously.

"So much for being an adult," I murmur and turn my legs over the edge of the bed, reaching down and grabbing my boxers which were lying next to the bedside table. I pull them on and feel the weight of the mattress shift as Phil stood as well, going to retrieve his own articles of clothing.

"Dan, listen to me. Anyone could have made that mistake, okay? Please don't get down on yourself. Yeah, it's a bit bad, but in the end it proves that we're human," I nod and sit back down, frowning slightly.

"My mum's never going to let me leave the house again,"

"Your mum will be fine," Phil respond and I scrunch my eyebrow slightly as my stomach gurgles at me. "We just need to find a good speech or something. Maybe we can try-"

"Fuck," I whisper and stand, holding a hand on my stomach, feeling it twist and turn, causing Phil to stop his ramble. "I'm going to be sick," and with that, I ran to the bathroom, making it just in time to puke in the toilet, spilling out my dinner from the night before. It almost shocks me that Phil didn't come in to help me, or make sure I was okay. Though we're both in a sticky-ass situation, he's still my best friend. "Ugh," I groan and lean back, once being done and I wipe my mouth, gagging a little bit from the taste. That's when I hear Phil's footsteps in the doorway of the bathroom, looking at me with wide eyes whilst I stand and flush the toilet, soon to reach over and turn on the faucet. "Maybe it was the food," I shake my head, but scrunch my eyebrow again as my stomach gives another wrench- not really making me throw up, just giving the discomfort of a cramp.

"Dan," Phil whispers and I meet his eyes, seeing his bottom lip quiver the slightest bit. I cock my head, trying to read him. "When was the last you took your suppressants?"

The words are enough to make me gasp, one hand flying to hold over my stomach, still clenching in endless cramps, proving both of our underlying accusations to be true.