Chapter 39

"Sit," Alejandro heard Leo say to him, as the back of his legs met with the wooden bedpost behind him. He complied with Leo's words, letting himself sit down on the soft mattress. It was early noon on a weekend, and they were both at Leo's apartment, and right now, in Leo's room. Leo had told Al that he wanted him to listen to something, so Al was a bit jumpy with excitement.

"Where are you?" Al asked when Leo let go of his hands, and his footsteps resounded as he walked in another direction. Leo was smiling. He really hoped Al would like the surprise. He ignored Al, making his way to this study desk that had his keyboard piano mounted on it. He had moved it from its living room stand just for today. He sat down by it, picking out the music sheets had been going through this morning. He gave it one last look over before putting the sheets in place.

"Where are you?" Al repeated from the bed. Leo wasn't moving around anymore, so he couldn't guess where he was. He could hear paper turning though, and he was getting a bit anxious. Al tried to listen in, and a smile took form on his face when music notes started to fill the air in successive strings.

It was the song from before. The one Leo had played for him in the car, but it was better—polished. Al's smile only widened when Leonardo moved from humming to singing lyrics. So, there had been a song to accompany it.

What was he afraid of? Alejandro asked himself, bending his head towards the music as he remembered when Leo had refused to sing to him in the car. Of course, Leo's voice wasn't trained, but it sounded raspy, carefully pitched, and nice. The words to the clear love song also made Al's cheeks warm, and mind hazy.

"It's lovely," Al muttered before he started to hum along to the tune of the song. He wished Leo was at arm's length. He wanted to touch him. Leo didn't stop singing until he was done with the piece. The end of the song left the silent room tense with emotion.

Soon Al heard rustling and footsteps, and soon the space beside him on the bed sank with Leonardo's weight.

"How was it? Did you like it?" Leo asked in a low tone, leaning into Alejandro so that his lips were inches away from his ear. He reached out for Al's hand that was nested in the small space between them. He gave it a squeeze, leaning in to kiss Al when the man turned his head to him.

Al hummed when they broke apart. "I loved it. Thank you," he said before smiling and taking a hold of Leo's face. He kissed the man again. It was deeper, longer. They broke the kiss for some air, and Leo chuckled a bit before resting his forehead on Al's.

"I love you so much," he told him, reaching to squeeze Al's had again. He watched as Al smiled before leaning away.

"I thought you said you couldn't sing?" Al asked, making Leonardo scoff before throwing himself back until he was laying on the bed on his back.

"I can't. I was a bit nervous you were going to laugh at me, to be honest," Leo admitted, and Al shook his head before laying next to him on the bed. He turned so that he was laying on his side. He reached out to touch Leo. Feeling his facial expression, shoulders, arms, and eventually his stomach from the bottom of his cotton shirt. He felt Leo squirm a bit, and a smile formed on his face.

"What?" Al laughed when Leo sucked in a breath and his stomach muscles tensed under his palm.

Leo let out a sigh as his face warmed up. "You touch me a lot," Leo said, turning until he was on his side instead of his back. He took a hold of Al's wandering hand, feeling the lean tan fingers. "It's not that I don't like it. I do. A lot, and that's really the problem. I like it a lot," Leo muttered, and Al's flushed when he realized what Leo meant.

He was glad Leo was attracted to him that much, but he wasn't sure if Leo was indirectly asking him to stop touching him.

"But," Al started saying as the end of his lips curved downwards in a frown. "I can't see you," Al mumbled in a low tone after a brief silence. "This is how I see you," he explained, taking his hand away from Leo's grasp before running the base of his thumb over Leo's brows.

A lot of people went on and on about how Leo looked, and it made Al a little self-conscious sometimes. He wanted to know too. Feeling him was a way to get an idea of his form, but he couldn't exactly picture colors. He hadn't had eyesight and lost it along the way. He's always been blind, and that's why color was a strange topic to him. He was familiar with the ones he saw through his distorted vision like floods of nothing and everything. Reds, oranges, yellows, browns, the odd green, blues, and pitch black. Yet he didn't exactly know what blond hair looked like. He didn't know what green looked like on human eyes—on anything really, but he could guess. 

He didn't want to return to having to live with just Leo's voice like earlier in the year. Loving him and not having been able to know him had been agonizing.

The room went silent a bit after that. Leo didn't know what to say in response. He felt like he had been unintentionally insensitive with his words, but Al didn't look fazed at all.

"Sorry," Leo muttered, feeling like he needed to apologize. "That was insensitive, sorry."

"It doesn't matter, just don't tell me not to touch you, please?" AL asked, feeling Leonardo's face and hair. Leo agreed, and Al smiled. The two were quiet for a bit. After a while of just lying next to each other Leo reached out to kiss Al, holding on to his face. Al greeted him, opening his mouth, and accepting his deep kisses. Leo loved Al's lips. They were soft, full, and they molded perfectly with his. He broke the kiss, watching as Al licked his lips before nibbling on his bottom lip.

"Alejandro?"

"Hmm?" Al hummed, moving on the bed a bit so that the two were closer together. His hands moved to touch Leo again.

"Should we start discussing living arrangements—" Leo paused what he was saying, trying to clear his mind when Al's hand traveled up his shirt again. "France. Should we start discussing living arrangements for when we're in France?" Leo asked, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Gosh Al."

Al just smiled before taking his hands away. He let his fingers linger on the waistband of Leo's trousers before he pulled his hand away. He leaned forward, resting his head in Leo's chest.

"To answer your question; yes," Al said, listening to Leo's heart rate. "Yes, let's look for housing together," Al said as Leo wrapped his hands around him. The room went silent again, and they both cuddled in silence.

"Do you want to do something—" Leo paused, feeling his face warm up. "Something couple like. Would you like that?" Al could hear the nervousness in Leo's voice. He pulled away from the blond, reaching out to cup the man's face in his hands.

"Why are you nervous?" Alejandro asked.

"I guess I feel like I sound stupid," Leo admitted, and Al smiled a bit.

"You don't," he said, letting go of Leo's face. "Though, I don't know what you mean by couple-like."

"Like a date." Al rose a brow at Leo's words, rubbing his eyes when they started to glimpse floods of brown and orange. The sunlight must be coming in through a window.

"We do that all the time," Al said, and Leo shook his head, letting out a sigh.

"No, couple-like. As in, a special date," Leo tried to explain both Al's brow only got lifted higher. He didn't see the difference, but oh well. Al thought about it for a bit, before humming.

"Sure," he said, fiddling with the buttons of Leo's shirt. "As long as it's with you. That's really all I care about—being with you," he mumbled, getting Leo's shirt off after several attempts. He smiled, reaching out to pull Leo into a kiss again.

The two cuddled and talked, but Leo remained flushed at Al's words for the rest of the afternoon. They had made him feel warm, and special, dispersing any doubts he'd had. Al made him feel wonderful.