Can You Help? (Simon x Reader)

Requested: No

Word Count: 1209

I had known Markus for a long time being Carl's neighbor I often interacted with him and he was always kind to me. I was devastated when I heard about what had happened to him, so I did not expect him to show up at my house at 3 AM in the dead of night. There was a loud panicked knocking on my door waking me up, looking at my phone it was really late. Groaning I got out of bed putting my robe on and headed out to answer the door.

Looking out the peephole I couldn't believe my eyes, quickly I flung the door open excitedly hugging the android before me. "Markus you are alright!"I exclaimed moving out of the way so he could get in. Happily he hugged me back before coming in, helping a damaged blonde haired android behind him that I didn't see before.

"I'm okay (Y/N), thank you for inviting us in."Markus said flashing a warm smile. "This is Simon."He explained introducing me to the damaged android now sitting on my couch. "I know this is a lot to ask for but can you help me fix him."He asked touching my hand tenderly looking into my eyes.

"If Cyberlife finds out about it, I could lose my job."I said biting my lower lip looking from Markus to Simon and back again. "But I can't let him suffer either."I sighed standing up going to the bedroom grabbing my tool kit. Opening my closet door I pulled out some spare components and thirium that I kept on hand in case I got called to an emergency repair after hours. I walked back over to them unzipping my kit spreading it out on the coffee table.

"Now you may experience some discomfort and I am sorry I can't do more about that."I told him with a sympathetic smile. It was clear that they were deviants and while my employers would have me calling to report them, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. They were alive, and I had seen it in their eyes for the first time. It was making me question everything I had known previously and whether I should even go back to work in the morning.

"Thank you, for helping me."Simon said softly touching my hand. I looked at the blonde android seeing true feeling behind his words. Smiling back and nodding I got to work, replacing the damaged components in his legs. Using plastic spray I repaired the holes left behind by the bullets that tore through him at some point. I was curious how the damage happened but it wasn't my place to ask at this time.

"Here drink this."I said handing him a pouch of thirium. "You need to replace what you lost, it will make you feel better."I smiled before turning to clean up my things, getting them ready to put away again. "I would like to monitor you overnight if that is possible, I want to make sure I don't need to do any other repairs."I explained looking up to him. Or maybe I just didn't want to be alone tonight again. I thought to myself not even realizing I was staring at him getting lost in his ocean blue eyes.

"You'll be safe here Simon, but I need to get back to Jericho. Can you get back by yourself tomorrow?"Markus asked looking to his friends. Curiously he noticed the look between us, but shrugged it off.

"Of course Markus, be careful."Simon said cheerfully already seeming to be feeling much better by the minute. He stood up giving me a hug before walking towards the door. Watching Markus leave I waved to him before turning back to Simon.

"I know you don't exactly sleep but any rest would be best."I said going and grabbing a pillow and a blanket placing it on the couch. "Is there anything else I can get you to make you more comfortable?"I asked awkwardly not really sure how deviancy worked if there were more wants and needs they had.

"No, you have done more than enough for me. I can't thank you enough (Y/N)."Simon smiled before frowning after a moment's thought. "Unless you want to stay and talk."He managed to stutter out with a shy smile.

"Okay Simon."I said sitting down next to him on the couch again, crossing my legs up on the cushioned seat. "So can I ask what happened that led to you needing to be repaired?"You asked curiously watching him intently.

"We broke into Stratford Tower and hijacked their broadcast. We wanted to tell them that we want equal rights, and that we want to be free. However right after the cops and security broke in and started firing on us. We tried to run to the roof as was planned but not before I was hit, Markus helped carry me up there. I couldn't move, so there was no way for me to make the jump with the rest. They had to leave me there, which I understand and wanted them to do. Somehow I managed to escape and make my way back to Jericho, but I was still injured beyond what we could repair. That is when Markus explained that he knew someone who could help."Simon explained making me feel so sad.

"I-I'm sorry Simon that sounds like a horrible ordeal."I managed to choke out feeling like I had been on the wrong side this whole time. "I wish I had met you sooner, I've reverted so many androids back to regular programing due to deviancy... I've been part of the problem this entire time."I said tears rising up threatening to spill. Clenching my fists I couldn't believe that Cyberlife was treating androids this way when there was nothing to be afraid of with most deviants it seemed. Suddenly I felt a soft hand placed upon mine causing me to relax, I looked up seeing Simon with a concerned look on his face.

"You didn't know, you can't feel bad about it. It's what you do now that counts. Maybe you could come back to Jericho with me, and you could help others."He offered me keeping his hand on mine in an attempt to comfort me.

"Won't they be afraid of me?"I asked not sure if it was a good idea since I was what they were fighting against.

"I'll keep you safe."Simon replied with a wink that surprised me. This caused me to get lost analyzing every ounce of his face with abandon. It was true that Cyberlife made androids to be perfect but I had never seen such soft expressions for an android. His beauty drew me in, in ways I didn't expect but I felt deep in my heart that I needed to trust him.

"Let's go to Jericho."I said nodding in affirmation.

A/N: I hope you all like this, let me know if you want a part two! My requests are open!