I Need You to Listen- [Part 6 of the I Need You Series] (Connor x Dev Reader)

Requested: No

Word Count: 1500+

Warnings: Angst

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this part, let me know if you want me to keep going! Still taking requests, shoot me a message!

I waited for Connor to return, looking down at my leg with much chagrin. At least I saved him, he did after all save me from being deactivated a few times. Looking up at the full moon I sighed thinking about my newfound feelings for him. Was this what love felt like? I asked myself of course having nothing to compare it to. I heard a noise in the distance, almost like a trash can being knocked over. My thirium pump beat wildly in my chest with fear that I was going to be discovered.

Relief washed over me as Connor rounded the corner looking a little embarrassed but no worse for wear. "It's a ship, a giant ship named Jericho."He explained walking up to me. "I got us these clothes so that we would blend in better."He handed me an outfit turning around so that I could get changed already having his on. "It's not too far away from here, you should let me carry you again, it would be much faster."He said still looking away.

Slowly I pulled my uniform off throwing it in a lump on the ground not caring about it anymore. I tugged on a pair of jeans, they were a little big but they would work. I felt thirium soaking through the leg but it wouldn't be there for long so I wasn't worried. Yanking a black tank top over my head smoothing it out at the bottom. A black leather jacket with a fleece lining was last, Connor must have heard because he turned back around assisting me.

"I was worried there for a minute that you weren't going to come back."I half joked putting my arm around his neck letting him hoist me up again. "I'm glad you did though."I said softly placing a tiny kiss on his cheek.

"I don't think I could bring myself to leave you behind in your current state."Connor said continuing to walk looking forward, a light blue tinge on his cheeks from my action.

I wanted to ask him so badly if that meant he would have if I wasn't injured, but I just couldn't bring myself to ask. I was afraid of what the answer would truly be, while he seemed to feel the same there was no guarantee. Not to mention he wasn't a deviant which meant he still felt compelled to fulfill his mission. I was nervous as to what would happen once we got to Jericho but it was my only hope.

"You are being very quiet, is there something bothering you?"Connor asked finally looking me in the eye. It seemed like he was concerned but every action was making me second guess everything. I didn't know if I could trust him, but I guess it was better to ask.

"Would you have left me behind if I wasn't injured?"I asked hesitantly, biting my lower lip subconsciously. "You know what I don't want to know, it's fine."I blurted out shaking my head furiously.

"I honestly don't know, I believe I would have come back for you, but I also am so close to cracking the case. If Cyberlife sees me fail, they will deactivate me and I don't want to be interrupted. However I wouldn't want you to face that fate either, I...am conflicted."Connor responded looking away making my heart break.

"What are you going to do once we get there?"I inquired wanting to be prepared in case things went down. "I mean is it so bad to be a deviant?"I whispered more to myself than him. "Is there something bad about me?"

Connor didn't answer my questions at first only walking forward for a while. "I don't know, I can't say that I won't learn as much as I can, so I can come back without you."He said finally, but not acknowledging my other question. I could tell he had a lot on his mind, but that didn't stop me from worrying about whether I endangered others like me.

"Even after all this, you don't know? You've seen, and even experienced emotions I know that you do. You are scared of being deactivated just like the rest of us, so why would you send them to the same fate?"I asked unable to hold myself back anymore. Connor didn't answer he just started walking up to the ship, I could see it in full view now and he wasn't kidding when he said it was giant.

Getting me inside we walked into a large interior room, that housed hundreds of deviant androids. It was a sight to behold for sure, but it also made me feel a knot growing in my stomach knowing that the tiger was literally in their midst. Not to mention that the reason he was there was because I gave him the coordinates to find it. A blonde haired android approached us with a frown on his face.

"Hello welcome to Jericho, I'm Simon. It looks like you guys could use some help."He said a soft smile growing on his face.

"I'm (Y/N), and this is Connor."I smiled introducing ourselves in return, not realizing that Connor could easily be recognized as the Deviant Hunter.

"Yes she was injured trying to get away from an attacker, could you please help her?"Connor asked his voice strained for some reason. Simon nodded and started leading the way motioning for us to follow him. Twisting and turning through the various models of androids their eyes glued to monitors playing the news. Stopping when we were in front of a beautiful lady android who was in front of a roaring fire.

"This is Lucy she will be able to help you, if you have any questions just ask for Simon, or Markus he is our leader."Simon said waving before wandering off. Looking to Lucy I rolled up my pant leg so she could get a better look.

"This won't take any time at all, just a damaged biocomponent and some replacement thirium."Lucy smiled getting to work, it was super quick over within fifteen minutes. "Here drink this you will feel better."She explained handing me a bag of blood. I finished drinking it, and she used a rod out of the fire to fix the hole the best she could. I put my skin back over it, and it looked as good as new.

"Thank you so much."I smiled standing up, jumping up and down. "Perfect, it's so good to be functioning again."I said doing a diagnostic test seeing everything was now green, making me feel infinitely better.

"You can change the course of the future, if you try."Lucy said suddenly before turning away from me going back to what she was doing before we arrived. The statement confused me, and I turned to ask Connor what he thought she meant but he was nowhere to be found.

"Shit."I groaned doing a quick scan of the room but he was not there either. The knot in my stomach was growing by the second. I saw a stairway up to another part of the ship, and since I had nothing to lose I decided to go up it and see where it led. Going through door after door I finally heard voices, as I drew near I recognized Connor's voice and he was yelling. Running I reached a door throwing it open. Before me was presumably Markus, and Connor who was pointing Gavin's gun at the leader.

"Connor what the hell are you doing?"I screamed moving further into the room. This was my fault, I did this. I thought to myself clenching my fists. You can't allow this to happen.

Stay out of this (Y/N), I need to complete my mission."Connor said his eyes not even moving for a second off Markus. "I can't fail, I can't be taken away, you need me."He stated firmly. Markus was trying to get through to him but it just wasn't working.

"I need you to listen to me, these people are fighting for what is right. They are fighting for their chance...your chance to be free Connor, for my chance. It's our time to be together without having to constantly worry.You don't have to do this, you don't have to be afraid. It's okay to have feelings, it's okay to be a deviant. You have seen numerous examples of why it's okay. You just need to let yourself be who you are meant to be."I said standing in front of Markus now blocking him closing my eyes. "Please Connor listen."I begged this time, tears streaming down my face his gun not faltering from its place now trained on me.