Is anything going to work out for me?

"There is a rumor that a student and teacher are sleeping together. The board is starting an investigation but they haven't talked to any of the staff yet." He ran his hands through his hair and looked at me, "We can't do this and need to stop talking to each other, starting now."

"Tyler!" I gasped and stared at him in shock, "You have no clue if there is any proof behind this, let alone if it is us and I was going to tell you this closer to when it happens but I'm getting my GED."

"Doesn't matter Angelica." He wasn't hearing any reason and opened his door again for me to leave. "I need you to leave and don't try talking to me."

"You're just-" I stumbled over the words, in complete shock over everything happening so fast. "Just like that. We are over?" Without even realizing it I had walked to the door, still stunned that Tyler was giving up so easily.

"Yes, just like that." He said coldly and pushed me out just far enough so he could close his office door in my face.

I didn't realize I had been wondering the halls until Rick found me at some point. "Angel... are you okay?" When I looked up at him I had to blink a few times because there were tears in my eyes, "What's wrong, did something happen at the doctor's?" He took me into his arms and cradled my head against his chest.

"No... I am completely healthy and so far I should be able to carry to term..." I said with no emotion. "It was something else... I cant talk about it. Can we just go home?"

"Of course." Rick took my keys from me and led me through the parking lot and into the passenger seat of my car. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No... I can't talk about it right now." I bit my lip in annoyance since I couldn't get myself to stop crying. Dammit Tyler, why did you have to do this to me right now?

A week later and there was still no development in whatever rumor Tyler had heard. So he was also still ignoring me which meant not taking my calls and skipping over my texts as well.

So currently I was dropping Rick off at school, I hadn't been going to my classes all week because I was still planning on taking the GED. He got his things together and gave me a hug before getting out. While I watched him get to the door, Tyler was watching from outside my peripherals. He watched as I drove off, failing to remember that I was not going to be in high school for much longer.

When I got back home, i continued packing my things since not only was I moving out but so were my parents. They still believed that I was just going to be leaving with them to whatever state they had to go to next but that wasn't my plan.

Rick didn't have to worry about packing much for himself or Meg since his things were still packed from when he got here. I still couldn't believe that his father wasn't even trying to get better or see his children but I didn't bring it up to Rick.

There was so much that I had in my room... I didn't want to bring it all with me because i knew that I'd have to start small, like an apartment. I still wasn't sure though where I wanted us to move though. But I was leaning towards Boston since that's where I wanted to be in the end.

By that Thursday I was completely packed and now I just had to study a little for the GED I'd be taking in just a couple days. Rick was in school and Meg was staying with me in my room. She had been up earlier in the morning but was sleeping on my bed as I studied at my empty desk.

Meg was still strangely attached to me and Rick would have to take her late at night after she had fallen asleep on me for the evening. She liked my mom too but whenever I walked into the room she would squeal until she was in my arms. Of course it did funny things to my heart and I couldn't help but kiss all over her face until she was giggling.