What I Did For Love...Part 41

“You’re going to marry him,” Zayn repeated, “Just like that. You’ll be with him for the rest of your life.”

“I know,” I said, “I want you to support me like the others too, Zayn. I want you to be friends again.”

“I want everything to be normal,” Zayn said, “I want you back in my arms. I want you to tell me I love you. I wished you never left. Most of all, I wish that I never met you. We wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“I wish you would just support my decision Zayn,” I said.

                 Once again I left him on the rooftop. I walked down the steps, and Danielle and Harry pulled up. I went in the car and I crossed my arms. I looked out the window and up at the building. Tears started to flood my vision, and a tear escaped sliding down my cheek.

I whispered, “Drive me back to your place?”

“No problem,” Harry said

“Hold on Harry,” Danielle said and got out of the car.

                She opened the door, and sat next to me. She put her arm around me, but Danielle was careful enough to not touch my burn. I leaned my head on her shoulder and she brushed my hair with her hand. The two obviously knew something happened up there, but they didn’t say anything. Harry turned on the radio and ‘Make You Feel My Love’ by Adele started to play. Danielle gave him a look through the rearview mirror telling him to change the radio station. Harry obeyed and changed it. The song ‘Iris’ by The Goo Goo Dolls started to play.

“Do you want to know what happened?” I asked

“You don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to,” Danielle said

I said, “I’ll tell you, and you guys are going to support me with my decision right?”

They both sighed and Harry said, “We will support you no matter what.”

“Yeah,” Danielle said, “We’ll support you till the end of time.”

“Thanks,” I said quietly. A small part of me desired for them to ignore my request and try to change my decision. I said, “Well I did see him. He told me that we could be friends again, but not today. I asked him to support my engagement. He asked me why I still wear the necklace, and I told him that it reminded me of him. Then I told him I still had feelings for him…”

Harry pressed the break, and we all jerked forward. Fortunately no cars were around. While that happened, Danielle and Harry screamed, “What!?”

“I told him I still had feelings for him,” I replied

“What did he say?” Danielle asked

“He asked me why I’m engaged,” I said, “I told him I had feelings for Aurelian too.”

“Why’d you do that?” Harry asked

I said, “Because I already made my decision. I’m marrying Aurelian.”

“I still don’t accept it,” Harry said, “and I don’t think no one does.”

“Yeah I know,” I said, “But you promised to back me up.”

“Yeah I know,” Harry said, “But I will never accept it.”

“Neither will I,” Danielle said, “So, do you think you’ll talk to Zayn again?”

“I don’t know,” I said, “I have no idea what’s going to happen.”

                We arrived at the apartment, and we went to Danielle’s place. The lads and Eleanor or were there and they greeted us with smiles and waves.