You're Adorable

You walked around the tower getting used to the place that would be your new home. Your cousin Clint wanted you safe from harm, and his wife Nat, couldn't agree more. You really wish they weren't so protective, but you knew you couldn't argue with them.

You were so absorbed in your thoughts that you didn't realize you had run into a door until you fell down, fortunately you felt arms wrap around you.

You looked up only to be really embarrassed. One Steve Rogers saved you from completely landing on your butt. "Uhhhmm.... Thanks."

"You're welcome. Im Steve." He extended his hand out and you took it in yours shaking it.

"Y/n."  You smiled feeling your cheeks heat up.

"Would you like for me to give you a tour of the place?" He offered.

"Sure.... I suppose." It came out more as a question and you were really getting upset with yourself since you were getting easily flustered around him.

It got worse when he decided to hold your hand the whole time. You really had no idea why he chose to hold your hand, but you kind of liked it. It comforted you since you were slightly nervous.

"Y/n.... Y/n... Are you still in there?" You noticed Steve was now in front of you looking deep into your eyes.

"Huh?" You finally noticed him.

"I thought you might have spaced out there for a moment. I was just asking if you wanted to stop for lunch since we're in the kitchen."

You looked behind him noticing you both were indeed in the kitchen together. Before you could say anything your stomach grumbled.

Steve laughed as he shook his head, "I'm taking that as a yes."

"Here why don't you sit down at the island and I'll find something."

You sat down watching him as he looked through the fridge.

"Do you like (favorite food)?" He questioned holding up the container of food.

"Yes! I mean yeah. Yeah it's my favorite." You nodded.

He began to put the food on plates and heated them up. "Sorry it's just leftovers. I'll try to make something tomorrow."

"Is... Is this your kitchen?"

"Well yeah... We are on my floor." He smiled.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I guess I really was in an um another place then." You embarrassingly laughed.

"No. It's fine." Soon the microwave beeped signaling the food was warm. He took them out bringing them over to you.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Water is fine."

He got the glasses and put them down as he sat with you. You took a bite and sighed. "This is delicious."

"Thanks." He smiled as you both began to talk about random things in your life.

You were enjoying your time with him when you suddenly heard a little bark. You turned back on around and squealed.

"Hey little guy." You picked up the little Yellow Labrador puppy petting him. "Steve, why didn't you tell me you had a puppy? He's so cute."

"I did. You were just in your little space world. His name is Haildir."

"I love Haildir, he was one of my favorite characters in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Sorry about the whole space out thing again. I really didn't mean to. It just happens sometimes." Red tinted your cheeks as Haildir licked your face.

"It's really okay y/n. There's nothing to worry about. In fact, I'll tell you a little secret. I space out sometimes too." He chuckled while petting the cute little puppy causing you to laugh as well.

"Thanks Stevie." You giggled more, and Steve blushed at the nickname you gave him.

"You want to watch a movie?" He asked.

"I'd like that; I just don't do any scary movies."

"I don't either." He smiled.

You got up noticing his kitchen was open and the living room was right beside it. You got up and you began to dance with Haildir in your arms as you went to the living room.

"You're adorable."

Those words caused you to freeze in your tracks. You turned and looked at him with a big smile plastered on his face.

"I... I..."

"You're so cute when you're flustered." He walked to you holding your hand as he lead you to the couch.

You sat with him putting the puppy down on his little bed. Steve wrapped his arm around your shoulder as he picked out a movie on the TV.

"Y/n... Where are you staying?"

"I umm... I was supposed to be living on Clint and Natasha's floor. At least that's what Clint said." You looked to him confused.

"You probably wouldn't want to be on their floor. I know what third wheeling is like. Why don't you... Why don't you live with me on this floor? There is another room with your name on it. That is if you want to."

"You would want to be my floor-mate?" You questioned.

"I'd really like to be your boyfriend actually. It's only the first day I've lain eyes on you, and you've already gotten me in your gravitational pull. I've only felt this way once with Peggy, but she hardly remembers me anymore. I think I'm finally ready to move on, and I really would like to be with you if you like me too."

You couldn't believe it. All the words that came flowing from his mouth made butterflies fly in your stomach.

"I guess I'll need to go get my things if I'm going to be living here with you Stevie." You walked up to him pecking his cheek.

"Are we?"

"Together? Mhm. I'll be back Stevie." You walked in the elevator heading to Clint and Nat's floor.

"She's so adorable." Steve gushed to Haildir, who happily barked in return.

Then not a few minutes later, he could hear one angry Clint yelling,"STEVE ROGERS. YOU STOLE MY BABY COUSIN. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK, CAUSE IF YOU HURT HER, YOU'LL REGRET IT."

Steve just laughed because he knew he'd protect you to the best of his abilities, because he was starting to fall in love again.