You're A Work Of Art

AU Steve. Nothing of Avengers exist. He's just a modern artist living in New York, who is also very vintage.

You currently were writing your next story, but you were running out of ideas. Your main character was someone who appreciated art and was a philanthropist of the arts. You yourself liked art, but you had been very busy with the several books you had been working on.

You decided to visit some local art businesses to get your creativity flowing. You saved your works and got dressed from your pyjamas. Then you got your little backpack with your necessities and your keys. You decided to walk since you saw there was some local art studios close to your apartment.

You walked for some time enjoying the scenery. You even said hello to people who passed you by. Thankfully no one recognized your terrible disguise which consisted of a hat and sunglasses. I mean you weren't Sherlock Holmes, who could easily disguise himself.

You even petted a few dogs, and it made you think about getting a dog so you would have a companion. After thinking about it, you finally made it to the first store. However you didn't feel anything from being in that studio. It just made you feel bored. You weren't getting any ideas for your character at all.

It went like this for several studios. There was no inspiration following. You were close to giving up. Then your eyes landed on one last studio you didn't see on your phone. Then again, you just kinda scanned your phone to see how many local stores were actually around.

You walked in to the sounds of Frank Sinatra playing on a vintage record player. There were paintings and art hung all over the place. You noticed a blank canvas waiting for art to bring it to life. You continued to look around as you hummed to the music. It was already feeling homey.

Unknown to you, the artist had walked back from another room. Then he noticed you observing his works. He sat behind the canvas and decided to paint you looking around his studio. He would've asked if you needed help, but you just looked so absorbed in the art that he didn't want to disturb you.

He rubbed his head accidentally getting paint on his face, this happened more than once. However it was a part of his job, and he wasn't complaining. He loves his job because it was his passion. They always say do what you love.

Then the record ended. You were relatively close to it, so you looked at it.

"You can change the record if you want. The albums are on the left of the player."

After hearing someone else speak you turned in the direction of their voice. Then you noticed him behind the canvas you saw earlier. When he saw that you noticed him, he smirked nodding to the albums before looking back to his work. You turned to the albums looking through them until you found a Rolling Stones album. You safely put the Frank Sinatra album back in its covers before putting the new album on the platter of the record player. Then you put the needle on the new album.

"I'm guessing your a fan of the sixties, seventies, and eighties." He looked from behind the canvas.

"Yeah." You smiled, "all your art work is lovely."

He smiled behind the canvas as a blush tinted his cheeks, "Thank you. What's your name?"

"Y/n. What's yours?"

"Steve Rogers."

"Steve." You repeated his name as you looked at more of his drawings.

"So what brought you here today?" He asked as he began to add some of the finishing touches to his painting.

"I needed inspiration for the main character in my new book." You shrugged touching one of the sculptures.

"Wait. You're the y/n l/n?" He peeked behind the canvas not believing he didn't recognize you sooner.

"Yup. That's me. This is she." You giggled.

"I... I love your adventure books like The Man Out Of Time."

"Well thank you." You smiled.

Steve finally finished his art work and smiled. It was one of his favorite pieces by far. Then he added his signature in the corner as he always did. He got up to wash his hands and any other place he might have gotten paint on like his face.

"Would you like to look at the painting I just finished?" He came back to where you were.

"Sure." You walked over to him and gasped when you looked at the painting. "Is that... Is that me?"

"Yes. I hope you don't mind." He looked to the ground as a blush formed on his face.

"No. I just never thought I'd be in a work of art." You giggled putting your hands in your pockets.

"Well you're a work of art, and I wanted to emulate that on a piece of canvas." He looked up to you with such a smile that made your heart melt.

"Thank you." You said as you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Hey um... Would you like to go out or do something together?"

"We could go to lunch and then there's this movie I've been wanting to see." You looked to him nodding.

"That sounds nice to me."

You took his hand squeezing it. "Thank you for the artwork. Thank you for your lively studio because you have given me the inspiration I need to carry on with my book."

"Looks like we both inspire each other." He squeezed your hand in return.

He turned everything off then locked the door before you both went on your fun date.