Together

Y/n frustratingly walked into her best friends apartment throwing her purse and keys down on the table.

Her friend didn't move from his spot. Instead, he watched as she walked over to him and glared at him.

"I cannot believe you Steven Grant Rogers."

"Y/n, I had to."

"No. No you did not."

Y/n sat at the table in front of him. "Steve... Fighting someone isn't always the answer. Fighting doesn't always solve problems."

Steve ran his fingers through his hair. "That guy was hurting you and making fun of you. I didn't want him to hurt you anymore."

"Yeah, and now you're suspended from the college. Stevie, we've been friends since we were little. You've always protected me, and I appreciate it. The thing is that we have to grow up. You punching and kicking your way through things can't work anymore. Steve, you could get sent to jail. I know there are cruel people in the world, and life isn't fair. You want to bring justice where it belongs, but Stevie, you can't keep doing this. Look at you. You... Your face is bleeding."

Y/n went to the bathroom getting the first aid kit. She sat back down cleaning the bloody areas. Then she put the ointment on. The whole time he watched her beginning to feel guilty. She finished and put the items back where they belong.

She walked back, and he didn't realize what he was fixing to say.

"I'm sorry n/n. I... I couldn't help it, I just don't want to see you hurt because I love you so much."

Once he realized what he said, his eyes widened. Unfortunately, y/n had already made it to the shock. She got up, and Steve got up at well.

"I... I think I have to go." Y/n got her things and went to the door.

"Y/n please don't leave."

She stopped and looked back to Steve. Tears slipped down her eyes. "Steve... I... I'm getting married."

"What?"

"My parents... They and my finance's parents had an agreement for their children to get married. They want us to combine their companies and create an even bigger empire for them."

"That's not... When are you getting married."

"Two weeks. He's a nice guy, but... He isn't you."

She walked up to Steve and looked lovingly at him. "I'm sorry I haven't told you, but... My parents... They don't want me to see you after I get married. I don't know what I'm going to do without you in my life. "

She kissed him and tried not to cry. "I love you too Stevie, more than you know. I'm truly sorry that I haven't told you anything. I... I really need to go."

She started to walk away when Steve gently grabbed y/n's arm. He turned her around and placed his hand on her cheek pushing some of her hair behind her ear. "I promise I'm going to fight for us. I promise I won't physically fight for us, but I'm going to find a way for us to be together."

"Please hurry. I heard my parents talking on the phone with my fiance's parents, and I think they want grandchildren very soon. Stevie I don't want children yet. I'm not ready for motherhood, and I don't want to be forced to have a baby. I'm still not even ready for marriage, but I don't have much a choice."

"I promise you Sunshine. I promise you, everything is going to be okay. We're going to be together."

More tears slipped down her face, and Steve continued to wipe the tears from her cheeks. She finally stopped crying, and see rested her head on his chest. He placed a kiss on the top of her head, and they stood like that for what felt like a long time.

Y/n finally pulled away and kissed him one more time. "I really have to go now. I love you."

"I love you too sunshine. I promise we'll be together."

She nodded, and Steve watched as she left. He was determined to make sure y/n and he could be together.