[5] Pray For Busan

"I fight pain and hurricanes"

- B U S A N, SOUTH KOREA -

► Aadya

All the stops were pulled out for tonight's event. I gazed at myself in the mirror a bit longer, marveling in how damn good I looked. My curls were pulled to one side and pinned to hold the style, falling in ringlets down just a little ways past my shoulder. My makeup was done to compliment the look along with the deep red lipstick I chose to sport. The dark dress I wore was form fitting and accentuated my curves. I winked at my reflection, a small laugh escaping my lips after doing so.

"What's so funny?" Nona's voice blurted from the earpiece James had given us to communicate in case we decided to separate.

I ensured the stalls were empty before responding, "uh, nothing. I'm heading back out. Keep the communication to a minimum."

"Roger that."

I pulled my clutch from the counter and made my way out of the bathroom. I was met with the dim lighting of the casino once again, the music blaring from the speakers of a song I didn't recognize. Strings cascaded down from the ceiling and attached to it were clear, circular cases housing lightbulbs. The place within itself was aesthetically pleasing from the decor to the wallpaper.

A balcony lied ahead and I peeked down below at the guests indulging themselves in the risk that came with gambling. Money was thrown in, in hopes a fraction of what might've been lost to be returned with a win. Seats were filled, and few wandered from the tables to the short steps leading up to the bar on the other side of the room.

I skimmed the area. No sign of Klaue. I almost wished I knew the identity of the buyer so it'd make things slightly easier. Klaue wouldn't show until he wanted to, but the buyer? There was a chance that he was already here. My eyes shifted to that of the people on the second floor along with me. Most were guards standing nearby watching, still-less.

"Anything?" Nona inquired.

"Nothing," I spoke softly.

"Americans, look for Americans."

I skimmed the area again and made a count of the Americans I noticed before. I counted three groups. I continued to stand along the balcony observing until my eyes averted to that of a trio striding into the casino with an undefined purpose. Two women, one in an olive-colored patterned dress, the other in red, stood on both sides of a dark complexioned man dressed in a well fitted dark suit. The three peered over the balcony and their actions mimicked what I had done moments before. Their faces were still, hardened as their eyes shifted around the first-floor sea of people.

"Hmm."

"What is it?" Nona inquired.

"Probably nothing," I whispered back. They moved, with the woman in red remaining on the second floor and the other two working their way down the steps. The woman in the patterned dress walked along with him before they too went their separate ways. I wondered why they decided to split.

I shrugged off the feeling and returned my attention back to the mission at hand. I pulled away from the balcony railing and trailed in the direction of the stairs. I kept my pace even as I maneuvered.

My heels knocked against the wooden steps as I descended, my hand brushing lightly against the railing for support. I reached the first floor and peered ahead. What caught my eye nearly made my heart leap from my chest -

Agent Ross.

Thankfully the individual conversing with him maintained his focus. To my surprise, it was the same man from the balcony a short while ago. My head swirled with questions as I turned on my heels toward the bar.