[8*] Pray For Revelation

- W a k a n d a -

"Beautiful," Aadya murmured with her gaze fixated on the view from the aircraft. Traveling a couple of dozen feet in the air provided an aerial view of Wakanda.  At that moment, Aadya forgot every troubling thought, question, and feeling that had been troubling her mind as she took in the sights. The small nation of Wakanda laid within a mountain valley. Her eyes flickered around its entirety, taking in the housing structures and the skyscrapers scattered about. Down below she noticed the river along the center leading up to two twin-like towers.

Her mind briefly returned to that of the younger version of herself in college, with a deep interest of the small country. This wasn't what she imagined when she typed up her research paper, and she certainly never thought she'd have the opportunity to view it with her own eyes beside the King himself who stood a few feet away.

T'Challa found himself peering down at the woman to find her in absolute awe at what lied below. He noticed the way her eyes sparkled as they moved to take the sights in and the way her eyebrows rose in excitement.

It'd been refreshing for him to see her taken by his home, just as he was, especially when crossing the barrier shielding the country upon re-entry. His gaze shifted to the window to find the royal talon coming to a slow to prepare for landing with the palace coming into plain view. Everything that had been troubling the king returned at that moment, his mind riddling with questions. He imagined the necklace dangling from the masked man's chest in Busan with a ring similar to that of his grandfather's that was bestowed upon him. He gazed down at his own with his brows knitting together in confusion.

"T'Challa?" A small voice called. The king looked up to find that they had landed. His gaze locked with his worry filled sister's. "Ready to go?"

He relaxed his features and provided the girl with a nod before his eyes flickered to Aadya who stood a few paces behind his sister. She studied him and his earlier reaction making note of the confused expression he once wore. She wondered what trouble the King's mind. With Shuri leading the way, the trio exited the aircraft and was greeted by a small group of Dora Milaje upon entering the landing zone. 

 T'Challa pulled his arms to his chest to produce the Wakandan salute and as he finished, the Dora slammed their spears into the ground. They continued in their pace but were now joined by an entourage of protection into the palace. T'Challa noticed when Shuri slowed in her strides to fall behind him to join Aadya's side.

"Remember what I told you. Everything is going to be fine," she assured. The group fell in silence with the only thing audible being the shuffling of feet and footsteps. Aadya's attention was adverted to the interior design of the palace. Just as before, she was taken away and was in awe. The young detective tried to steer her mind away from the quick beating of her heart and whatever might occur here in the next few moments. She appreciated Shuri and her kind words of encouragement, but they did nothing to calm her anxieties. Aadya noticed the King steal a glance at her and she wondered if he could see how nervous she was despite her attempts to conceal it.

They described this moment in a joking matter but it sounded like a few people were going to impose their judgments on her and especially raise questions about the herb running through her veins. But just as they suggested, she was going to be truthful. What's the worst that can happen, she wondered. Aadya swallowed as if it was an attempt to bury her nerves. She closed her eyes briefly to take a few deep breaths and conjure up her confidence that threatened to hide away with the upcoming situation.