Chapter 3

Robin stared at her as she felt the blood drain from her face. "They want to meet asap?"

"Yes," Sophia said with an apologetic look on her face. 

"Alright, that's ok. That's normal." Robin said running her hand through her hair. "I just need to find someone quick..." 

Robin had welcomed the dinner with her friends. She, however, could not help but worry about the problem at hand. The two of them had tried to distract her but seemed to fail miserably. 

"How about this," Jaclyn started as both Robin and Sophia stared at her. "You make the appointment for next week. Then if you haven't found someone you call them, in advance of course and tell them that you would have to cancel and reschedule." 

"But they would have come all the way from god knows where to meet her, that's unfair," Sophia stated, as she ate her dessert. 

"Well she could also just tell them the truth." Jaclyn sighed shrugging. 

"No she cannot, but I do like your idea, let's do that." Robin said.

"So I'll give them a call and make the appointment?" Sophia asked, not quite liking the idea. 

"Yes," Robin replied, "And this time, dinner is on me." 

It wasn't too long after that, that Robin found herself walking home. Jaclyn and Sophia had insisted on her calling a cab, but she told them that it wasn't too far and that she could use the fresh air. So, though reluctant, they let her walk home alone. 

Softly she hummed to herself as she walked down the familiar street. She knew this wasn't the safest place for a woman to be alone at night. But tonight she didn't care, she had to clear her mind. Adding to that she also still had to find someone, someone who could be her. 

Without any warning, she felt a hand grabbing her from behind. A yelp left her mouth as she started screaming. Panicking she tried to elbow the person behind her, trying to him away. The person, however, was stronger than her and put another hand around her mouth. She kept thrashing around, but it was to no avail as he held her tightly in place. 

"O the things I'd like to do to you." He whispered in her ear.

"No! please no..." She cried out.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

She felt the arms around her tighten as the person holding her turned her around. 

"Let her go." 

She now recognized her neighbour, looking ready to kill. 

"I said, let. her. go." He said walking closer to Robin and her assailant. 

She felt tears leave her eyes as the man behind her proceeded to lick her ear. 

"It's a shame man, she tastes good." He said letting go of her and running off. 

Robin let herself fall to her knees as the shock of what just happened washed over her. Her hands went to her face as she felt more tears leave her eyes. 

Ethan hesitated for a moment as he saw her fall down to the floor. His first instinct was to go after the molester, knock his lights out. But once he saw her fall, all the thoughts of chasing after the guy left him. In fact nearly every thought, other then that of comforting her left him. 

Quickly he made his way over to her and kneeled down beside her on the cold sidewalk. Carefully he put his hand on her shoulder. Her body jumped up in shock at the sudden touch, her hands left her face for a moment. Tear stained eyes looked into his as she paused crying for a moment. 

Without warning her flung her arms around his neck, as she started crying on his shoulder. For a brief moment, he was confused as what to do next and he just stood there frozen in his spot. Then slowly and awkwardly he moved his arms around her, trying to console her. 

"Shhh... It's alright, You're safe now." He said, very awkwardly padding her back. 

She didn't quite know how much time had passed when she started loosening her grip on him. Carefully he started helping her back up to her feet. Using the backs of her hand she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes. 

"I'm sorry." She said in a voice that didn't quite sound like her own. 

"It's alright."

"Thank you," She said not meeting his eye, "Thank you for saving me." 

In an attempt to ease the tension he chuckled a bit, "Well you're welcome, but all I really did was yell at him." 

A small smile appeared on her face. 

"Come on, let's get you home safely." He said patting her back. "What were you doing out here at this hour anyway?"

"I was walking home..." She said as the two of them started walking towards their building. 

"This is not the place for that." He said softly shaking his head. Looking at her from the corner of his eye, he noticed that she was still crying. "Are you alright?" He asked her. 

"I'm... I'm fine." She replied nodding. "I'll be alright. I just need some time."

"Do you want to go to the police?"

"No." She replied quickly. "I don't think that will do any good." 

"Alright." 

"So..." Ethan said as the two of them reached the top of the stairs. "Will you be alright?"

"Yeah..." Robin said looking at the floor and then shifting her gaze up to him "Thanks again, Ethan." 

"Anytime." 

She nodded at him before walking over to her door. 

"Goodnight." He said. 

"Goodnight."