Chapter 5

"I... I'm in between jobs right now." He said, looking back down at his plate.

Robin didn't quite know what to say, so she nodded in understanding.

"I used to be a car mechanic for a while, but that just wasn't me." He said looking back up at her again. 

"A mechanic." She repeated.

"Yeah." He nodded. "This cake is great." He added.

"Glad you like it." She said quietly.

It had been quite awkward together with her neighbor, but Robin was glad she had said yes to sharing a piece of cake with him. She hadn't stayed for a long time after she'd finished it, instead, she thanked him and went home. 

Now another day had gone by and still no luck with finding someone to be her. It was eight in the evening, she hadn't had dinner yet and to her, it was quite an early night. With a bag full of fake roses in one hand, and her purse in the other, she walked up the stairs. 

Once she nearly reached the top of the stairs she heard a voice behind her. "Evening Neighbor." Startled she dropped both the things she was holding. Suddenly the entire stairs were covered in fake flowers and the contents of her purse. 

"Shit." She cursed as he hands flew to her face. Shaking her head she turned around to start picking everything up. She was met with the laughing face of her neighbor. "I'm sorry." He started still laughing. "I really am, but that was funny." 

For a moment she looked at him pissed, but once she realized that this was actually the first time she heard and saw her grumpy neighbor laugh, she started laughing too. 

"Alright, I guess it kinda is..." She said smiling at him.

"Here let me help you," Ethan replied as he started gathering roses. 

"Oh, you don't need too." She said as she started doing the same. 

"No, it is completely my fault." He said as he started chuckling again. "Besides, if anyone sees this they might think that valentines day is early this year."

"Very funny." She said sarcastically.

Together the two of them cleaned up the entire mess they made. The last thing she was looking for was her keys. As she was looking around on the floor she heard Ethan clear his throat. She looked up and saw him holding her keys. "Here you go." 

"Thanks." She said as he handed them to her.

In response, he chuckled and shook his head. 

She started walking to her apartment again and was about to enter it when she heard his voice once more. "Right before I forget, another package for you got delivered to me." 

"Ah okay." She said putting her stuff into her apartment and walking back out again. 

"Here you go." He said as he handed her the package. 

"Thank you. " She replied as she took it. 

'Funny' She thought as she walked into her apartment again. This was the second time that the delivery guy thought that Ethan was her. 

That is when it struck her. How had she not thought of this before? Ethan would be perfect...

Without thinking she practically ran out of the apartment and over to his door. With the intention of knocking normally, but being slightly overexcited, she loudly banged on the door. 

As he opened the door she didn't immediately stop banging and nearly hit him in the face. With quick reflexes, Ethan stopped her hand by grabbing it by the wrist. 

"Ethan I need your help." She said, sounding somewhat breathlessly. 

He stared at her with furrowed brows and large eyes, what could she possibly want from him?

"Look I know it sounds weird, but just hear me out. I need someone to be me."

"You need someone to be you?" He said utterly and completely confused. 

"Yes! She nearly yelled. "You see my brother hired me, but he doesn't know he hired his own sister. I cannot have him know that I am a wedding planner, so I need someone to take my place. But the problem is that is a full-time job, pretending to be me, and I cannot find anyone who has the time. But like you said, you're in between jobs and people already think that you are me." She rambled at a very fast pace. 

He stared at her for a moment in silence, as he contemplated her sanity. 

"Please, It will probably only be for a couple of times, for about a month or so and I'll pay you handsomely." 

"I don't get it." He said leaning against the door frame and rubbing his forehead. "Why wouldn't he know he hired his own sister?"

"Kind of a long story, but when I came out here I changed my name, my career plan and basically my whole life. To be honest I haven't spoken to him or any member of my family in quite a while." 

Ethan didn't quite know what to say, he was tempted, but what would he really be saying yes to. His doubt, however, took the overhand as he shook his head. "No, I'm sorry I'm not doing it." 

"What? Please, no. Please just help me?" She said with pleading eyes. 

"Find someone else." He said as he was about to close the door. 

"I'll pay you well!" 

He hesitated for a moment, "How much?" 

"10.000 dollars." She replied.

"What?!" He said as he opened the door again. "That is insane."

"I know." Robin said, "But I am desperate..."

Ethan sighed, thinking it over for a moment. "Doesn't matter for how long it would be?" He said. 

"No it doesn't." She replied, hoping that he'd do it. At this moment she didn't know the precise amount of work it would be. They hadn't told her when they planned on getting married or anything for that matter. 

"Alright." He said taking her out of her thoughts. 

"You'll do it?" She said looking up.

"Tomorrow you talk me through the entire job, tell me what I would need to know and then I'll tell you yes or no is that ok.?"

She was quiet for a moment before he spoke up again. "Look I think I'll do it, I just need to know exactly what I say yes to, before actually promising anything."