Chapter 8

"Now tell me one more time, what is the plan again?" Ethan said looking in the mirror tying his tie. 

"Sophia went over this with you right?" Robin asked him sighing. 

"Yes, she did, but just to be sure."

"Sophia will go in first, she'll tell them that you are very busy and running late. Then you'll come in, greet them nicely and discuss what has to be discussed. If needed I'll send in someone with a fake emergency. You'll be completely fine, Sophia will be in there with you and I'll be listening to the mic. Plus you have your earpiece in so worst case scenario I can tell you exactly what to do." 

"How do I look?" Ethan said turning around smiling at her. 

"Great, now don't forget, you are Robin Knight, the wedding planner." She replied as she straightened his jacket and tie. 

"O trust me, I won't." 

"Now out you go." She said pushing him to the door ever so slightly. 

Once he left the room Robin walked over to her desk. Despite the fact that she wasn't the one that had to talk to them, she still was nervous as hell. 

She put on her headphones just as she heard Sophia enter the room. 

"Goodmorning, my name is Sophia. Mr. Knight is running a bit late, can I get you guys anything to drink?" 

"Did you say Mr. Knight?" Robin heard a female voice say. 

"Yes, Mr. Knight." 

For a moment it was silent before she heard the voice of her brother. "I'll have a coffee, please." 

"Certainly, and for you ma'am?"

"A coffee as well please." 

"Alright, I'll be right back," Sophia said as she left the room. 

The second Sophia rounded the corner she came face to face with Ethan. "Go." She mouthed to him as he started walking towards the room. 

With confidence, he walked down the hallway and over to his 'clients'. It felt strange, he had to admit, but exciting at the same time. When he reached the door he took a deep breath before twisting the handle and opening it. 

"I'm sorry I'm late." He spoke, as the two people in front of him turned around. "Busy times lately. I'm Robin Knight." 

"I'm Andrew Boyington and this is my fiance, Pauline Whickam." The man said to him as he shook his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you." The woman added. 

"Likewise," Ethan said with a smile as she walked over to the desk and sat down behind it. At that moment the door opened and Sophia walked in carrying a tray of coffee. 

"I must say that I am surprised." The woman in front of him said with a rather strong southern accent. 

"I beg you a pardon?" 

"Well for a wedding planner to be a man, I mean I have heard of you I'd just never expected for you to well... Be a man." 

"Ah, yes I do get that a lot." He replied chuckling. "So now, what have you already planned, and what do you need me to plan?"

"Well.-" The man started but was soon cut off by his soon to be wife. 

"We already know a lot of what we want." She said smiling, placing her hand on his fiance's leg. "First of we want to get married at this beautiful mansion near to our house. We want everything to be baby pink and the dress to be a ballgown one." 

One quick look at the man told Ethan that he apparently didn't fully agree with his fiancee. "Right darling?" She asked him with a smile on her face. Quickly his face changed, morphing into a smile and quickly adding a, yes sweetheart. 

A short silence fell as Ethan didn't quite know how to respond. All he thought at that moment was, 'Dear God, what did I get myself into.' Then suddenly, before he knew it the words had left his mouth.

"Is that really what you both want? I mean I sense a reluctance in Mr. Boyington." 

As the look on the face of the woman morphed into a frown, the look of the man's face went from a forced smile to a look of shock. It was that moment that Ethan should have known that he made a mistake. However, when I say should have, I don't mean he did. So he continued, "Maybe we could look at other options, making it more the wedding of the both of you instead of just you." 

"Excuse me?" Pauline said as one of her hands moved to her chest. "I don't know what you mean, we've talked about this, this is what we both want."

Ethan was about to respond to her when he was stopped by Robin screaming in his ear. Wincing visibly he adjusted in his seat, trying to play it off as if nothing happened. 

"Are you alright?" Andrew said, with a confused look on his face. 

"Oh yeah I'm fine," Ethan said listening to what Robin was telling him. 

"Don't go against the bride. If the husband didn't do so already and if it is only the first meeting don't! Just go with it for now." She yelled into his ear. 

"Well, in that case, it is fine," Ethan said to the two people in front of him, trying to ease the tension. 

"Good," Pauline said in response.

 Adjusting his tie Ethan continued their conversation and most of it went without any hiccups. Every now and then Robin would tell him to say or do something or how to respond to them. Then saying goodbye, he shook their hands and they left. 

Robin breathed a sigh of relief as her brother and his fiance left the room. Waiting a moment for them to leave she went over to her office. 

"That went well." She said as she entered the room. 

"I would say so." Ethan replied smiling and putting his hands in his pockets.