t w o

LUCE  

LUCE FIDDLED WITH THE piece of paper

LUCE FIDDLED WITH THE piece of paper. It somehow felt as if that piece of paper had a secret contraption, making it add more weight than it actually was.

Feeling awfully aware of her shaky hands, Luce stood up and walked towards the window ledge. Holding tight onto the paper, she stared at the familiar star in the dark night. 

She was wide awake. Although this time it was for a totally different reason... partially.

Not really.

Luce had the flier fully embedded into her mind. She had for weeks. She felt the massive urge to go to the location that had been planted upon the flier - she really wanted to. But, she knows she can't. 

Well, she knows she shouldn't.

A soft knock filtered through the room. 

"Luce...," the voice groggily said. Luce walked to open the door, which revealed a disheveled, tired looking Brayden.

"Why're you up?" Brayden mumbled seemingly half-awake.

"Couldn't sleep." Luce tucked the paper into her pajama pocket.

Brayden's eyes flickered into excitement, "Excited for the tournament tomorrow?" he said referring to his big soccer game where scouts are appearing to.

Luce grinned, "Yup...I'll go to sleep in a few ... you should probably save your energy."

Nodding Brayden pecked her cheek before leaving the room.

Luce's chest returned to its jittery state and her hands resumed being sweaty. 

She pulled the piece of paper out: 

Join us this FRIDAY

Music Performance

FEATURING WILLOWS, KEIRSTON, & MORE

5:30 - 8pm

*Tickets sold in front

Location:

09182 The Massey's Theater

Cottage Grove, Oregon

With a heavy heart Luce crumbled the paper into a ball and threw it in the garbage can. The trash can that held a place of most of her lost opportunities...not that she'd like to admit.

not that she'd like to admit