f o u r

Pronunciation: RYE - LYN

RYLAND  

RYE STIRRED THE VANILLA BATTER for the batch of cupcakes needed for tomorrow

RYE STIRRED THE VANILLA BATTER for the batch of cupcakes needed for tomorrow. It was about half an hour till closing time and the bakery was nearly empty.

Rye sighed as she begun to pour the batch onto the tray.

Rye had a physics test tomorrow and a term paper due in a few days - so she was extremely tired. Not to mention all the business with the court about her father. 

Rye gently place the batch into the preheated oven and turned to clean up the place. Sweeping the floor Rye closed her eyes as she recalled high points for her test. 

Suddenly muffled voices lightly drifted into the room. It was a crescendo of incoherent words that seemed to have abruptly strum around her. Rye scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and glanced around the bakery, but found the only two other people occupied in their own splattered out work.   

Shaking her head Rye continued to sweep and mouthed out random facts she's struggled to remember from her study session from yesterday night. 

"No!" 

A scream escaped her lips as her heart slightly picked up its speed. She searched frantically for the voice, but everything was still. Rye licked her lips as she glanced around nervously once more.

It was happening again.

"I need you to move those boxes over..." the muffled voice said.

Rye glanced at the black ink on her left arm that trailed onto her left shoulder blade - she recalled one of the other times she's had these episodes. 

She remembered as her surroundings faded away and how suddenly everywhere she looked were through someone else's eyes.

She vividly remembered the pain of examining the walls of an unfamiliar tattoo parlor and having a needle pierce through his skin to draw a design.  

Of having a needle pierce through her skin.

She remembered as she bit her lip to stop herself from screaming, she tried to remind herself that it wasn't real. But that was a lie. 

Because when the tattoo parlor walls were replaced by the walls of her high school's empty washroom, metallic stained her taste buds. She remembered wiping the blood from her bleeding lip and the fear building up as she risked a glance at her arm. She remembered the shaky breath she inhaled as she took in her newly done tattoo that was somehow engraved onto her skin.

That was the first time she realized that her odd daydreams weren't normal.

Her eyes flickered back from her arm to the bakery. 

She tried to suppress her panic as she watched the walls of the bakery slowly fade into a shade of rusty brown. Rye frowned as she took in her new surroundings. 

The house was fairly empty and there were boxes surrounded everywhere. Rye glanced towards the window and saw a faint glimpse of trees. 

 "...its heavy.."  A voice beside her said. 

Rye saw a blurry figure approach her carrying a box. She never could see the people in her so called 'episodes' or whatever it is this was. 

She could only ever really feel things and see her surroundings - but she never could see any faces properly. 

"Dude who's on guard duty?..." The voice muttered. 

"...Myren...he's near the...."  A different voice spoke. His voice was deep - unlike the younger one - and his voice radiated a sense of power.  

Rye's surrounding of the bland walls began to get weaker and soon enough were replace by the pastel ones of the bakery.

It was then, when she finally returned to her reality, that she could start to smell burning cupcakes.

"Ms! There's smoke coming from your oven," a voice yelled - bringing her back into reality.

Rye could suddenly see a man in front of her waving his hands frantically. She then turned to where he was pointing at - and soon enough could see she had just burnt the whole batch of cupcakes.

She ran frantically around the kitchen in attempt to save further damage of the already lost batch of cupcakes. She sighed tiredly and looked at the clock. 

She guess she's going to be here longer than she wanted. 

( Rie - lynn )

( Rie - lynn )

That's how you pronounce her name - once again. Not (Rie-land). And I know odd spelling. 

I know...