fansign ; one-shot

bts.bighitofficial

bighitofficial

❤💬

496,295 likes

bts.bighitofficial Ready for the fansign! Someone tell Suga-hyung to stop distracting Rina when I'm taking pictures of her 😔 #jhope

"Aish, did you really have to use that shirt, Rina-yah?" Jin is busy trying to cover her torso with his jacket as the group waits to be called onstage, whining the entire time. "You know what? This isn't even a shirt! There are holes everywhere!"

Rina giggles uncontrollably, her hands patting his. "It is a shirt, and a cute one at that."

"Leave her be, hyung, she looks fine," Yoongi huffs, coming to her rescue. He throws an arm around her shoulders with confidence. "We can protect her from guys that try to come close to her anyway."

"True," Namjoon says somewhere to their right, and he appears with Jungkook at his side. "Kook-ah can beat them up." The maknae puffs his chest out and flexes, a serious look on his face. The girl bursts into laughter and pinches his cheek.

"You're not all that intimidating, Jungkookie."

This causes the boy to pout even more, whining that Hyerin always treated him like a kid, but they're suddenly called to the stage by age. Hyerin follows Taehyung out and puts on a bright smile as the crowd of fans start screaming even more at her appearance. She waves gently at them and Jungkook pushes her along when she tries to greet some people beforehand.

They stand in front of the long table where they'll be signing stuff later, and they start a short interview by answering some questions by the fans. Hyerin is squished between Hobi and a still-protective Jin when a guy makes an inquiry ten minutes into the questioning.

"This one is for Rina-ssi," he says. Hyerin gets handed a microphone of her own, then she nods to signal for the man to continue. "Is it hard being a girl in a group of seven other men?"

The crowd lets out a collective 'ooh', and Rina beams. "Not at all. Jungkook-ah and my oppas are very good people, and they're always looking out for me. I think I blend into the band, because I'm sort of a tomboy myself so we get along very well."

"And musically? Do you feel like you're really supporting your group's sound? Or are you just shrouding yourself in their talent? Because some would say that Bangtan Sonyeondan would be the same with or without you."

Hyerin furrows her eyebrows, deep in thought. She often thought that she didn't make a difference music-wise when it came to the group, and this person... Well, he wasn't throwing shade at her, but he definitely wasn't being very nice. Suga pries the mic from her hands, answering with a dark look in his eyes.

"Of course Hyerin-ah contributes to Bangtan, and we'd suffer greatly without her. Her tone is unique, and she's able to convey emotions better than the rest of us. There are songs that rely solely on her interpretation and her vocal range is very wide. She has more talent that you and me put together," he huffs, and the guy recoils as if he had been slapped across the face.

There's murmuring amongst the crowd, seeming to agree with the rapper's words, but Hyerin wrestles the mic back from him. "I appreciate your sentiments, Yoongi-oppa," she starts, "but out of modesty, I have to deny all of that. I don't want anyone standing up for me." She takes a couple of steps forward so she can stand at the front of the stage. And then, she takes a low bow, surprising everyone at how courteous she was being with the man despite the jabs. "I thank you for your criticism and will take it into account. I only ask to let my work speak for me, and I promise that I won't disappoint you."

She can see him blushing furiously from his spot in the front row, left speechless, and she retakes her place next to Hoseok. He rubs her back, flashing her a proud smile, and the rest of the interview goes on without another question directed at Hyerin.

They take the seats at the table, markers in hand to get ready to meet and greet the fans. Namjoon whispers in her ear that he's proud of her reply to that guy as he passes, and she gets a kiss on the top of her head from Jimin before he sits. The others give her encouraging smiles from their spots, and she returns them all with love in her gaze.

"Yah, Rina."

She focuses on Taehyung on her right, nodding. "Yes, oppa."

He waves a threatening finger at her. "Don't overthink what that man said. You heard Yoongi-hyung; we wouldn't be where we are without you. Without any of us, actually."

Hyerin's eyes begin to flood with tears and she bites down on her bottom lip to keep herself from crying in front of the dozens of fans gathered. "Thank you."

Jungkook holds her hand under the table and with that, she has enough strength to go through the rest of the fansign. The people she meets are so sweet to her, some telling her to ignore the guy's words while showing their support. When the last fan leaves, Hyerin happily cradles the gifts she received in her arms and is no longer upset. Just like she told the guy, she's going to let her work speak for her.

"No one tried to flirt with Hyerin-ah?" Seokjin asks the conversing maknae line before the eight of them pile into the van that'll take them home.

"If you count the guy giving Hyerin chocolate, maybe." Jimin stuffs more of said gift into his mouth, since he snatched it away after the fan left.

Hyerin crosses her arms, rolling her eyes for more effect. "He was cute though, Chimchim-oppa. What if you just scared away the love of my life?"

Their leader comes up to them, lifting Hyerin as he bear-hugs her. "Oh no. Our little dongsaeng isn't allowed to think about boyfriends."

Hoseok lets out a noise of agreement. "She's already taken, by the way."

The others raise their eyebrows at the sunshine member. "What? You're dating someone?" Taehyung asks with disappointment in his voice.

"Yeah. Me." Yoongi shoots them glares, and Joon sets Hyerin down with a shocked expression on his face. Literally everyone stares when she huddles into Suga's side, a shy smile on her lips, and the dark-haired man hugs her closer.

"No way!" Jungkook points at Hyerin accusingly. "She's not looking at anyone in the eyes! Noona's a liar!"

Yoongi and Hyerin exchange looks before bursting into laughter, clutching their stomachs at getting caught trying to deceive everyone. Jimin groans in frustration while Jin starts hollering that they were horrible kids. But Namjoon turns to Hobi, confused.

"Wait. Why did you say she was taken then?" he asks.

Hoseok grins widely. "'Cause she's with us!"

Jimin reaches out for the younger girl with his small hands, latching onto her. "Of course! Rinnie's all ours until death do us part!"

"Or until she gets sick of us," Yoongi gripes.

Hyerin shakes her head at him. "I would never get sick of you guys. We're family, after all, and I love you idiots too much for my own good."

Taehyung lets out a loud coo, cradling Rina's face in his big hands. "So cute!" With that, they head back to the dorm to hang out like they always do.