injury ; one-shot

⌜'blood sweat and tears' era⌟

Body rolls.

So. Many. Body. Rolls.

Hyerin takes a deep breath, steadying her heartbeat as she studies the choreography in her mind's eye before the live performance at M Countdown. She can feel the muscles jumping to respond to the mental stimuli, but she continues just inhaling and exhaling calmly in the dressing room, sitting down, as she follows the imaginary movements. Yes, dip in this moment, then stay still the next, and then...

"Hyerinnie."

She opens one eye, raising an eyebrow at the person who interrupted her. Standing in front of her is a frowning Hoseok, who dips down to be at her level. She hums to let him know that she's listening, closing her eyes again.

"Are you sure wearing heels for this particular dance is comfortable enough for you?"

Rina lets out a sigh, her gaze on her orange-haired oppa. "Why do you ask?"

The boy makes a distressed face. "I mean, there's a lot of diving moves. Balancing. And you haven't exactly been in tip-top shape lately, so I'm worried."

The ash blonde winces. She's been very tired, what with the release of 'Wings' and her insomnia being at an all-time high. But she's trained her body to work on instinct, and it couldn't fail her now. "I'm fine. I've practiced a million times, with and without heels. And, umm," she motions down to the rest of her outfit, "this is the only way I could put in a little of my own style."

Hobi inspects her clothes, not knowing what she was referring to. Her outfit for this era pretty much matched the rest of the boys'; the tailored suit, the long pants, the designer jacket. Then he understands. No skinny jeans, no girly accessories, nothing that let Rina display her individuality. The only thing that differed from what she and the men wore were the heels. Tall, black stilettos, slightly hidden underneath her slacks.

"I like what I'm wearing, I'm not gonna lie," Hyerin starts. "And I don't mind wearing boy clothes. But please, for the love of all that is holy, don't make me change shoes."

Hoseok has half a mind to go up to a wardrobe manager anyway and ask them to give the girl some flats, but he trusts Hyerin. There was a reason why she was in the dance line, after all. So he nods reluctantly at her. "Okay."

She beams at him and gets up from her seat, wrapping him into a hug. "Though I have to admit, this suit makes me feel like a powerful business woman."

"Oh, you're powerful, alright." He's careful not to ruffle her hair too much, afraid of what the makeup noonas would do to him if they found out he ruined their work, then a frantic man with a headset walks in to tell them that they're up in five. Hyerin links arms with Hoseok and they exit the dressing room to find the rest of their team.

Namjoon and the two other boys from the hyung line are waiting patiently for them. The eldest shoots Hyerin a flying kiss and a wink, while Yoongi tells her that she looks very flattering in her dark maroon suit. The outdoor stage is big, and cold air whips around every member as they stand around. The rest of the maknaes barely make it in time to get wired and mic-ed before the group is called to take center stage.

Hyerin can feel Hobi's hand briefly squeeze her shoulder from her position between Jimin and Taehyung, and then the risque dance begins. The dramatic hand gestures, the quick footwork, the separation of the group. Jimin is nimble in his movements and Hyerin works in his shadow. She lets her muscle memory do its thing as she replaces the silver-haired male in the center, singing as her arms go up and down in time with the music.