Heartbreak

(Kouen x Fem! Reader)

Summary: Even if you did feel something for the beast you still had to help your father. But it seemed like the beast was going to get more than he bargained for by letting you go.

A/N: Can you believe I started this whole fanfic just because I liked the thought of Kouen singing this song?

~~~

"I was the one who had it all...

I was the master of my fate

I never needed anybody in my life... I learned the truth too late."

Kouen let his gaze fall from the rose and to the floor. He shuddered, but he didn't know if it was from the cold from the open ceiling or from the pain of losing you.

"I'll never shake away the pain

I close my eyes and she's still there."

He closed his eyes and flinched when all he saw was an image of you reading a book to him, his fondest memory.

"I let her steal into my melancholy heart

It's more than I can bear..."

He walked away from the rose and outside the balcony, letting the cold envelope him even more. Kouen watched as you rode away on your horse from the castle and his life.

"Now I know she'll never leave me

Even as she runs away

She will torment me

Calm me, hurt me, move me

Come what may."

He looked away from you and walked to the stairs of one of his watchtowers, hoping to try and spot you from a higher ground.

"Wasting in my lonely tower

Waiting by an open door."

After feeling he was high enough he looked out one of the windows to still see you riding away through his garden.

"I'll fool myself she'll walk right in...

And be with me forever more."

Kouen growled and walked away from the window to continue walking up the steps of the tower.

"I rage against the trials of love.

I curse the fading of the light."

He walked out of the top of one of the watchtowers and onto a ledge connecting to another one. He tried catching another glimpse of you before walking into the opposite one.

"Though she's already flown so beyond my reach

She's never out of sight

Now I know she'll never leave me

Even as she fades from view."

He walked into the opposite tower and walked up the steps with you still running through his mind. He hoped to reach the top before you left his sights.

"She will still inspire me

Be a part of everything I do."

Kouen glanced through another window to try and catch just one more glimpse of your retreating figure.

"Wasting in my lonely tower

Waiting by an open door."

He finally reached the top of his tower and looked down to where you were riding, his garden which was covered in heavy snow and frost.