Chapter 3

"So, you've been noticing some things about Taehyung that concern you?" Dr. Yoon asked for confirmation shortly after entering the examination room.

"Yes," Namjoon replied, glancing at his oldest son who was staring intently at Namjoon's cell phone, as he had been for the past ten minutes when Namjoon gave it to him to avoid a meltdown that he sensed coming on. "He has outbursts often, he has some behaviors that I've noticed aren't typical for his age group, he doesn't communicate very often. We did take him to a speech therapist when he was younger, but they said it was nothing to worry about because he would still speak when he wanted to."

"What kind of behaviors are you referring to?" She asked, ready to jot down a few notes.

"He doesn't play with his siblings. And it's not like an "I'm too old to play with babies" thing, he won't even acknowledge his little brother when he asks him to play with him, and his teacher at school says he does the same there." Namjoon started off his list. "He doesn't really play with toys, he more of organizes them." He recalled the previous night when he walked into Taehyung and Jeonggyu's room to see the boy lining his toy dinosaurs up along the wall rather than making up some scenario with them like most four-year olds would. "And things like that."

Dr. Yoon nodded in response. "Can you tell me a little about these outbursts?"

"Last week he had a complete meltdown over dinner because we didn't have dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. I mean, I would have expected him to be a little upset over it, but he threw his plate and screamed until I offered him another favorite food of his." Namjoon recalled an incident from the night before in great detail. "And last night, his younger brother accidentally nudged one of his toys out of its spot and I thought I would have never been able to calm him down."

"Well," Dr. Yoon said after she finished jotting down her notes. "I'm not going to say anything definitively, but I definitely think it would be a good idea to go ahead and have him evaluated." Namjoon nodded in agreement.

***

Taemin! I love you, you can't leave me!

This isn't what I wanted, Jimin!

Jimin was brought out of his dream as a small whimper left Jungkook's mouth. Jimin had become an extremely light sleeper after he and his previous partner had first adopted Jungkook, and at that exact moment, he was grateful for that. He opened his eyes lightly to see the two-year-old, who had been sleeping in Jimin's bed with him for the past couple of nights as he'd had a fever for that long, rolling around restlessly, his face scrunched up in discomfort. "Come here, Kookie~" Jimin whispered, opening his arms up. The toddler was awake enough to register what Jimin said and soon snuggled into his father's chest, visibly relaxing as light snores left him a few minutes later.

Jimin knew that it was probably getting close to his class time but decided to stay in bed with the love of his life for a little bit longer, since he was only going to campus to make sure his teachers got his assignments for the day and for his meeting with the other dads.

***

Jin set the breakfast plate of hardboiled eggs, toast, and fruit in front of his daughter before joining her at the table with his own breakfast. He was enjoying the lazy morning with her due to her having the day off from school because of a teacher work day. "What are we gonna do today?" Ara asked as Jin took a sip of his coffee, obviously excited to spend the day with her dad.

"Well, first we're gonna meet some of Daddy's friends today and then we can do anything you want." Jin replied, looking at his phone for the first time that morning?"

"Anything?!" Ara asked, and Jin nodded, opening up a text from Jimin that he had received extremely early that morning.

Jimin

Jungkook still has a slight fever
so he won't be going to school
again tomorrow. Is it okay if I
bring him to the meeting
tomorrow?

That's completely fine! I hope
he gets better soon!

***

Chaekyung

Has Hoseok been eating?
Read at 9:11 am

Yoongi rolled his eyes at his ex-girlfriend leaving him on read when he was just concerned for their son. He slid his phone back in his pocket as his one student for the day came back into the room after a bathroom break. His student was a young boy who was homeschooled. His parents paid Yoongi to come in and do piano lessons every other Friday, and the kid definitely showed promise. "Okay, Kyungjin, why don't you run through this piece once, so we can see what parts we need to work on."

Kyungjin's mother entered the room as he began to play, wanting to listen in on her son's lesson. When Kyungjin was a few measures in, Yoongi's phone began to ring. He pulled it out quickly, originally planning on shutting it off, but then he saw that it was Dawon's school calling. He looked to Kyungjin's mother and immediately whispered an apology so as not to disrupt the boy's practice. "It's my daughter's school, I have to take this." He walked off to a corner of the room to have at least a small amount of privacy while on the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Min Yoongi?"

"This is he." Yoongi said into the phone, already having an idea of why the school was calling.

"Dawon had a seizure in class today and is currently in the nurse's office. We need you to come and pick her up."

"I'll be there as soon as I possibly can." Yoongi assured the woman, ready to hang up and cut the lesson short until she continued talking.

"She had an accident during her episode, so you might want to bring a change of clothes for her."

"Okay, thank you." Yoongi hung up just as Kyungjin finished running through the piece. "That was great Kyungjin! I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut our lesson short today, but we will pick right back up when I come back in two weeks."

The young boy obviously wasn't bothered, seeing as he immediately ran out of the room to go play video games, but his mother was livid. "You're leaving?!" She asked as Yoongi packed up his supplies, which were mainly theory and technique books. "We're paying good money just for you to leave before the scheduled time?"

"I'm sorry, but something has come up that requires me to leave immediately. I will extend the time for our next lesson to make up for today, but I do have to go."

"What could possibly be more important than my son's piano lessons?"

Yoongi had to hold back from cussing the woman out, since he did need the job. He instead took a deep breath before calmly responding. "Ma'am, I am a parent too, and my daughter's needs will always be more important to me than anything else the world thrusts in front of me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to my daughter's school and pick her up from the nurse." Yoongi left the household before Kyungjin's mother could respond in any way and jumped in his car, pushing the speed limit as he drove to Dawon's school.

When he entered the nurse's office, he saw Dawon sitting on the bed obviously having just gotten over a crying spell. The tears returned, though, as the nine-year-old looked up and saw her dad. "I peed in front of everyone, Daddy!" She cried as Yoongi wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

"It's okay, baby, you couldn't control it." He comforted her, not letting go until she had calmed down. When he did pull away, he set the bag he had brought in on the bed next to Dawon and pulled out a set of clothes. When Dawon first started having seizures, Yoongi got into the habit of keeping extra clothes in his car for situations just like this. "You wanna change your clothes before we leave?" Dawon nodded and began changing right there, too eager to get out of her urine stained clothes to go into the attached bathroom. "I know you probably wanna go home right now, but Daddy has somewhere to go to. I promise as soon as it's over we'll go back home and have a snuggle party, okay?"

"With ice cream?" Dawon asked quietly as she gathered her old clothes and handed them to Yoongi to place into the bag.

"Of course!" Yoongi assured her before wrapping his arms around her and leading her out of the school.