Chapter 9

Jin and Namjoon sat across from each other, Jin laughing obnoxiously at the joke he had just told. Namjoon was rolling his eyes at the horrible joke, but there was still a smile planted on his face from the sound of the other male's laughter. "Come on! It's funny!" Jin insisted as he continued to laugh. "Impasta! It's hilarious!"

Namjoon shook his head. "Sure it is~"

Jin calmed down a bit. "Alright, fine, how about this one. What's long and hard and full of semen?" Namjoon nearly spit out his coffee at that. "I'm talking about a submarine, you perv!" Jin teased the younger male, laughing just as hard as he had before.

"I'm not a pervert!" Namjoon defended himself, trying to cover up how he was laughing at that joke, as it was kind of funny, but he didn't want to admit that. "I'm so pure!"

Jin snorted. "Yeah, 'pure'."

They joked around a bit more until their conversation took a serious turn. "You know," Namjoon started off, setting his nearly empty cup down, "you always encourage all of us to talk about our lives, but you never really talk about yours." Jin bit his bottom lip, setting his cup down too. "I mean, you've never told us why your wife wanted a divorce. Unless it's something personal, because then I'd totally understand keeping quiet."

Jin sighed. "It's not really personal, it's just something I don't like to think about because it pisses me off too much." He thumbed at the handle of his mug as he talked. "My wife and I were going through some old boxes and came across my yearbook from freshman year. She hadn't moved to town until our junior year when we started dating, so she said she wanted to see what I was like then. Well there happened to be a picture of me with my then boyfriend, and she flipped out. She couldn't believe that she had married a gay person, and when I tried to explain to her that just because I dated boy it doesn't mean I'm gay, that there's a whole spectrum of sexualities, she then said she couldn't remain married to someone who had lied to her for the entire relationship, so that was that."

"Wow~" was all Namjoon could say.

Jin shrugged. "I'm not too bothered by it, just pissed off like I said. If that's the kind of person she is, then I'm glad to be out of that relationship. The only thing that does bother me is that she refuses to talk to me at all now, and we kind of need to communicate if we're going to continue raising Ara together."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Namjoon said sympathetically. "Closed-minded people are the worst."

Another shrug from the older male. "I'm used to it by now. It's the same reason that boyfriend dumped me." Jin picked his drink back up. "Too straight for gay relationships and too gay for straight ones."

"Or maybe you're just right and you need to find someone as open as you." Namjoon said, implication in his tone. Jin raised his eyebrow at him, but the younger male said no more, taking the last sip of his drink and changing the topic of conversation, although he didn't miss the small smile Jin now sported.

A/N: The next chapter is the epilogue!