Reaper sans x Trickster soul!Demon!reader

A/N: well this is a surprise...1.8k reads? the trickster soul belongs to me and my AU. the book for that coming soon! trust me. I just like to put important things on paper first, k? Trickster soul head cannon: your magic creates illusions and stuff, and you're really into pranks and stuff. IF YOU USE THIS SOUL, IMA HUNT YOU DOWN UNLESS YOU CREDIT ME *coughs* sorry. you can read now.

Living in the realm of the gods was ok for a demon. Your soul, though, was a slight problem. Trickster souls were...tricky to explain, at the least. you were one for pranks, and loved to mess with people, especially Sans.

Sans was interesting. He did his job, got rid of the 'brats' in the mortal world, but never you. And he was your main target. Every. Single. Time. He didn't really mind, but he was slightly on edge. If you did something to his brother...all hell would break loose.

You lived with Toriel, helping around the house and sometimes on her job. You would keep Sans busy with your powers until Toriel finished her job. You enjoyed this, especially since you did what you did best. Pranks.

Today while Toriel was busy, you had the best idea yet. You were going to use totem (look up monument valley totem and you know what I mean) and trap him in an endless maze. And...maybe take his scythe just for a bit of extra fun.

You got changed into a short-sleeved black top and dark grey jeans, and a small bag with your illusion dust. This dust would summon the illusion you wanted. However, today, you couldn't find Totem, let alone your bag of dust. Your tail stiffened, and you practically tore your room to pieces. Neither were found.

Leaving the house, you began to search the god realm. Toriel wouldn't have taken it, she trusted you. Papyrus was a cinnamon roll, Undyne wouldn't mess with you (unless you annoyed her or Alphys, who didn't take it) and nor would Asgore. Who would...? 

Sans.

The second you stepped outside, you sensed him. The tips of your horns glowed a bright red, and so did your eyes. Following the feeling, it led you to his house. Papyrus was nowhere to be seen, or any of the people you usually saw. You were then led through the realm, from Undyne's to Asgore's and back home. Was this a trick? Your demon senses never lied...or did they?

"Come on...he has to be here S O M E W H E R E..." you did a quick search of the area near your house, and nothing seemed the same. Everything was dead or dying. You instinctively reached for your dust bag, and were reminded of the task. Finding sans.

"SANS! SANS I KNOW YOU'RE HERE! TORIEL WOULDNT DO THIS! SHE CANT! I WOULDNT!" you yell. No reply. You walk back inside, sitting on your bed. Where was he...? You shook your head, and turned to the window. What you saw...Sans. That bastard.

Your eyes glowed brighter as you smashed through the window, wings unfolding. You turned to the roof, seeing Sans. You fly for him, and he disappears. You turn back, and he's a few metres away. You launch for him. To an onlooker, you would have looked like a cat chasing a laser.

"You bastard GET BACK HERE!" you, at this point, were out of control. You were glowing red, swing attacks at the 'thin air'. By the time you tired yourself out, you were on your knees in the snow, coughing and trying to stand. As you tried to stand, you heard footsteps.

"Heya kid,"

That sentence ticked you off soo bad. You turned around, meeting the eyes of the one you were after. Your magic fired up, but you felt yourself fall to the ground once you took flight. Coughing, you reach for your missing bag, almost breaking into tears when you couldn't throw the dust and disappear. What Sans noticed, however, was your soul.

A neon purple soul flew from your body. He instinctively summoned his scythe, but stopped himself just before it hit your soul. You let yourself collapse in the snow, soul following. You faded between life and death (pun unintended) as you could barely hear.

"Jeez kid, you really did a number on yourself," he said, running a hand over your cheek. You shiver at his touch, leaning into it. "I'll get you to Tori before my stupid prank goes more horribly wrong than it already has," picking you up, he teleported you to Life's garden.

~time skip~

It had been a few days, and Toriel had healed you. You were laying in bed, sleeping to recover. You only woke up for food, and even then that was rare. Today when you woke up, you rolled over to see death.

"Nice ta' see you, kid," he said. You glow your eyes and horns in a warning manner, and he smiles. "Look, kiddo, I may have gone...a bit too far with my prank, but it was more than enough as revenge against you. If I knew how you'd react, I wouldn't have done it. I'm sorry,"

"Y-your sorry?" you force yourself to sit up. "You almost KILLED me. Shove off, cause I know mum would've made you apologise once she was ok with even SEEING YOU," you lay back down, rolling away from him. "Get a grip,"

~days later, not where you are~

"Well what do you suggest I do?"

"Apologise?"

"Done,"

"Avoid her?"

"I like her, you idiot,"

"THATS IT! Confess!"

"Blue, I know you're a little crazy at times -then again, you're with Dust- but that's a bad idea,"

"C'mon, reaper! just tell her you like her, even if she's sleeping! Who knows, maybe she likes you back!"

"You think so?"

"Sure! Now shoo! Don't come back until you do so!"

"Sure, sure..."

~back to you~

It was a few days later after you went crazy at reaper, and you were sitting on the roof. Maybe yelling at him wasn't the best decision. You sigh, thinking. Usually you would be your cheeky self, but you weren't feeling up to it.

"Hey kid?"

You jumped at the voice. You saw Sans sitting beside you. You roll your eyes, looking away. Truth is, you were blushing, and so was Sans. "What do you what?"

"Too tell you something,"

"Well spit it out, I don't have all day," you growl. You regret it instantly.

Sans grabs you by your shoulders, causing you to freeze. His eye sockets darken and before you know it, you feel his teeth hit your lips. You kiss back, although slightly confused. Sans didn't like you, he hated you! The pranks were surely enough for hate...right?

"I like you kid,"

"W-what the?" you shake your head, taking off.

"Y/N," you fly faster. "Y/N, listen to me,"

"I'd prefer not to, so just leave," you fire lasers and fly through your open window, shutting and locking it. He appears behind you.

"Kid, listen. I-"

"I-I LIKE YOU TOO, OK?!" you scream, tearing up. "I-I have for a while...a-a-and I j-just..." you shake, tears in your eyes. "B-but  who c-could love me? E-e-especially you? I'm a demon, sans...you shouldn't care..."

"And the fact that I do should change that, Y/N, and I really sorry about the revenge prank...but here's you're  totem and dust back," he says, handing you your trusty prank tools.

"I-I forgive you sans..." you say, squeezing his hand.

"So you wouldn't mind if I did this~?" he tilted your head to face him, before kissing you. You happily kissed back, wrapping your arms around his neck. When you pulled away, you heard a voice from the door.

"So this is where you've been, my child," you spot Toriel staning in the doorway, and you blush heavily before burying your face in Sans' chest. 

"Don't worry Tori. We're a thing now, so I wont hurt her," sans said. Toriel sighed, walking away.

"Hey Sans?"

"Yeah Y/N?"

"How about we...prank your brother?"

"Good idea."