01

Over the phone Dan had told me not to worry. That the rest of the Grump crew would love to have me working at their side. Butterflies flew around my stomach though as I stood there idling around the front door. Speaking of Dan, I've never met him in person. Yet, he hired me as his assistant. Finally, I hurried and rang the doorbell, so I wouldn't be announced as late for my first day.

The door swung open to the tall and frizzled hair man himself, smiling down on me with more than happiness. "Ah, you must be Ava, come on in!" he exclaims and moves aside. I slipped in, looking around at first to take in the surroundings. This was where I'd be staying for as long as this job lasted me. "It is so nice to meet you Mr. Avidan." I say and hold out my hand. He gives a chuckle, "Please, call me Danny." He says and shakes my hand.

He showed me around the office, introducing me to Arin, Suzy, Barry, Ross, Matt, Ryan, Kevin, Brian, and a guest that happened to be there, Markiplier. They greeted me with their warm bubbling personalities and kind remarks. (heh, how'd that pun get there?) "We'll you've met most of the people here, besides some of the camera crew, the other editors, and technicians. You can meet them some other time though. Anyways..." Dan says, getting ready to put me up to my first task. "We ran out of coffee this morning; do you think you could run to Starbucks and pick us up some?" he asks. "Sure." I say and get up, just remembering that I don't own a car...or really anything in fact. "What's the matter?" Dan asks, realizing that I was still standing there.

I'm useless, why did Dan even hire me in the first place? "I don't own a car." I whisper loud enough for him to hear, I look back up at him, expecting disappointment. I only saw him smiling at me. "You at least have a driver's license, right?" he asks. I nodded and had a pair of keys tossed in my hands. "You can borrow my car then." He says, still beaming with joy. "Oh-Okay. Thanks." I say and head out with the coffee list in my hands, next to the keys...Dan Avidan's keys. To his car. (why so nervous Ava?)

I brought myself into the seat, adjusting it to the right height and stuff. He is seriously tall! I then turned on the ignition and the radio immediately kicked on to a soft Ninja Sex Party song. 'So, it is true that musicians listen to their own music' I thought to myself and back out.

As soon as I parked back into the space Dan had his car in I immediately noticed that there was another car I hadn't seen before parked next to it. The windows were tinted, so I couldn't see if someone was sitting there or not. When I opened the door, their door opened too, and my heart stopped as soon as I recognized the person.

"Oh, so you think you can just leave town, find a new job and what? Life would reset and go back to normal?" his voice begins to ramble. "Go away Cole." I mutter, "What? You want to talk back to me huh?" he spat and started going towards me as I froze. I was going to take the hit, I was going to take whatever he was going to do, but the door to the house opened. "Hey buddy! Get away from her!" I hear Dan's voice boom. We both looked at him, Cole chuckled, "Oh, so you left to find a new boy toy huh? Typical slut." He says and finally had his hand connect with my face. It brought me to the ground with ringing in my ears, Dan and Cole's voices were muffled. Soon I heard car tires squeal out of the driveway. "Ava, Jesus Christ are you okay?" Dan asks, picking me up off the ground. I nodded painfully, that slap was going to leave a bruise. Just like the last ones.

Dan helped me carry the coffee inside where, it seemed like everyone was huddled around the curtains. They watched the whole thing and gave me curious and saddened looks. "Oh Ava, are you okay?" Suzy asks me. I nodded in reply. The only thing she did was give me a squeezing hug. I felt safe here. "What an asshole." Mark responded.

__________

HELLO READERS...oops, caps lock was on lol. Aannyywwaayyss, how do you like this new story? [the only story on my page]

I'd like to call for some help from you wonderful people, I want an awesome cover for this love story...but unfortunately I am not able to make one so I ask of you, please help me out and make one. For the one I choose, I will give you a shoutout and a dedication on this story!!

Thank you!