three.

"juna! you're home" a higher pitched voice called out from the bedroom, followed by the pattering of feet coming toward the 19-year-old entering the home. "hey, princess! how was school?" juna plastered a smile onto her face once she saw her bubbly little sister rush to her side.

nayeon wrapped her arms around her sister's waist and pulled her into a tight hug, "school was fun! i got the best grade from my entire class, look!" she held the graded paper in front of juna's face as a proud smile was displayed on the 9-year-old's face.

"wow, that's amazing! i'm so proud of you!" juna wrapped one arm around nayeon and held her close to her side, "so, since you did so well, what do you want for dinner?" she glanced down at the girl she loved with her entire being. "could you..." nayeon paused for a moment as a bright smile formed on her lips, "could you make my favorite? it's been very long since the last time and daewon also really likes it."

juna nodded, "sure, could you get him out of his room, please?" in all honesty, she hadn't seen or talked with her younger brother in a long time and it was killing her.

it wasn't long before daewon shuffled into the kitchen with a look of boredom plastered on his face. "what do you want now?" he groaned out, leaning against the apartment's kitchen doorframe, to which juna replied with a shake of her head and roll of her eyes. "you know, you could try acting somewhat grateful toward me for taking care of you and nayeon, making sure you guys eat, get to bed on time, do your homework. ever since-"

"don't finish that sentence, i swear, juna. you're not her so stop trying to be. you'll never be anything like her, might as well give up now." although those words stung hard, juna had to pretend they didn't mean anything to her and keep her front up strong. i'm trying my best here, daewon, you're not the one working all night long just to have enough money for the three of us, you're not the one pulling shifts around classes, you're not the one who has to fix dinner and take care of you and nayeon every night. so please, for one night just pretend you like me, alright? just one time. just like before.

as much as she wanted them to, in no way did any of those words actually leave the girl's mouth as she kept her eyes locked on the fifteen-year-old standing in front of her. "i'm not trying to be her, i just need to take care of nayeon and you, until she gets better or strong enough to come back home." after that, you won't hear from me anymore, i promise you. she knew she couldn't tell him her own plans, no matter how much she wanted to. it was selfish to do so and she fully realized that.

"it's not like she's actually going to get better."

+

oof idek what i'm doing or if this is any good (lmao it's probably not) but posting this aNyWAY.

i'm leaving for three weeks (in a few hours) to go on my vacation, so i might not post anything, or i'll be posting a lot. there will probably be no in between.

also::: idk if i should use formalities like unnie, hyung, etc in here. so like comment if you want me to add that in, ig?? adios <3