You've Got Mail

It had been three days since I'd seen Harry. Three days since he'd taken our daughter on stage and three days since we'd both confessed how we really felt about one another. He'd skyped Nola since then and spoken to her on the phone, but I'd felt awkward hearing this voice and had kept our communication to a minimum while I figured out what I was going to do.

It was a relief that we both knew how the other was feeling. There would be no more interrogative hot seat ploys from a drunken Elenore on a Saturday night or strange looks shared between everyone. But what did it mean now? What was supposed to happen? It was a relief, but I honestly didn't feel like my life had changed in any way, other than the awkwardness level rising to its full potential. Just because Harry and I liked each other, it didn't mean we were supposed to act on it...did it? And how could we? I mean, was he planning on debuting me on stage too?

Elenore had been strangely agitated and wound up since the concert. She was never without a frown on her face, even when she left for and returned from work. After seeing Nola on the stage with Harry, she'd leapfrogged over Gemma and sprinted backstage, apparently swatting every interfering memeber of security with her VIP pass whenever they'd asked questions. The minute the boys had come off stage she'd snatched Nola off of Harry and given them all an earful. Zayn had copped the worse, having Elenore roaring in his face, which had still been taking place when I'd hurried into the dressing room minutes later. I'd never seen Niall so embarrassed and I figured that was what had gotten Elenore so angry in the first place. Zayn had called her a bitch, resulting in Ele turning to Niall for some form or support or back up, although Niall had been too shocked to provide any. The humiliation had been plastered right across her face. She'd been so sure that Niall was going to come to her defence. She hadn't doubted it for a second. We'd left not long after that, hastily saying our goodbyes and instructing Niall to pass on an apology to Harry when he discovered our absence.

I'd been running on adrenaline the minute I'd run off from him, even sitting upright and wide eyed as Elenore sped the entire way home. It had only been the morning after that my body had given way to the drama of it all. My knees had given way in the shower and I'd slumped in the tray, staring at the shower screen while my tears blended with the streams of hot water. Everything that had happened had almost been too much for me to deal with. I'd been so close to backing out and taking Nola far away from the new prying eyes, but Harry's declaration of feelings had somehow given me hope. Even if it did mean that we were now both too invested to return to how things were.

I was anxiously awaiting his call today. He'd been in a meeting with his management team to talk about future plans for Nola and myself where publicity was concerned. Harry was going to make it clear that he wanted all possible steps to be taken to ensure that the paparazzi couldn't stalk Nola, especially when she started going to nursery. There wasn't a lot that could be done, of course, but his main concern was that the two of us had a say in what was and wasn't published about her. Despite not agreeing with his method of choice for introducing her to his fans, I did appreciate that he was trying to to keep her private life as preserved as possible. Not that Nola had minded, of course. Her debut on stage with the flashing cameras and screaming fans should have traumatised her, or at least had her terrified, but I'd been assured by Lou and Gemma that she'd done nothing but giggle and smile at them all. A comment had even been made that it proved she really was Harry's daughter.

I'd planned to spend the day staring at my phone and finally unpacking Nola's birthday gifts from the band, but an unexpected knock of the door had me suddenly distracted. Nola stopped playing too and watched as I removed myself from the lounge and stepped out into the hallway. I was surprised to find Julie from Modest Management at my door.

"Um, hi." I stammered as she grinned at me with two black bin bags in her hands.

"How are you feeling? Harry said you've been adjusting to his stunt the other night. Can I come in? I have a surprise for you." Her questions came out at 100mph, leaving me rendered speechless while she hovered on the door mat. I tore my eyes away from the black bag and stepped aside.