twenty two - real life

it'd been a week since john and vienne "broke up", and she had decided to stay at the complex longer, to spend time with cameron and mason that she normally wouldn't have.

the boys had gone out again, but vienne had declined. circe and elle had mailed over most of her favorite outfits, but she hadn't received them yet.

it was near one in the morning, and mason had stumbled back with cameron nearly blacked out. they'd painstakingly lugged him over to his bedroom -they'd turned the extra storage room into hers, so the boys had their privacy in separate chambers.

the two were now sitting on her bed, anywhere else in the complex too empty without the blond.

"so." he turned to look at her, "you doin' okay?" he blinked, rubbing his eyes. mason could still function, not as drunk as either of his roommates.

she was woozy, three empty beers sitting on her cabinets. another was in her hand, half-full, "while you were out," she paused, taking a swig, "i realized ... i haven't gotten laid in two months."

regarding john, vienne had unfollowed him on instagram to avoid any more pain with seeing him with london. she was using her youtube channel as a distraction, but it still pricked her feelings each time someone brought his name up.

she'd started playing with the boys less, partly because she was usually out recording and partly because she didn't want to hear his voice.

"just... fuck someone."

vienne took another chug, narrowing her eyes, "sorry mase," she yawned, "i don't want STIs." she held up a finger, pointing it at him.

"fuck off." mason flipped her off, tipping off balance when he thrust his hand out with too much energy. he collapsed on his back, right next to her legs.

she smiled, blowing him a kiss, "muah." her eyebrows furrowed when she finally noticed he had no shirt on, "why were you and fitz ... shirtless?"

"i dunno. it was hot." he shrugged. they sat in silence for a while, as she handed the beer to him. mason made a face, "london and john .. seem fake."

"we were fake. dumbass. london is probably just super into, y'know, PDA."

"need me a freak like that." he slurred, chuckling.

she smiled, "you need a freak in the first place."

he glared at her and turned so that his back faced her.

she laid down next to him, a pillow propping her up as she checked the time on her phone.

"mace, it's three o'clock."

"ah, shit." he looked at her, "vee, when your clothes come, you got to go out with us."

she playfully slapped his arm, "have you gotten laid by clubbing?"

the sheepish grin and red flush on his cheeks told otherwise, and she laughed lightly, closing her eyes.

-

she didnt remember falling asleep, but when she woke up, mason was still draped on the side of her bed, an arm over her stomach. she frowned, peeling him off of her. she noticed she was still dressed, and let out a sigh of relief.

vienne felt a pounding headache, and covered herself with the blanket, ready to fight if anyone disturbed her.

mason coughed, propping himself up. he immediately laid back down, mumbling to her, "share the goddamn blanket."

she kicked it over, and closed her eyes once more, falling asleep within minutes.

cameron had woken up roughly an hour after they were unconscious again, stumbling through the apartment in search of painkillers.

he ventured into vienne's room, knocking on the door before walking in, "hey vee, do you know where the- what the FUCK?" he saw the two in bed, sound asleep.

vienne glared at him, rubbing her eyes as she registered his voice, "shut the fuck up, fitz."

"it's not what it looks like!" mason's voice called out, peeking out of the covers.

the blond squinted, as they both got out of bed, slowly and ever so painfully.

she glowered at him once more, wrapping herself in one of the extra blankets sitting in her suitcase. it was relatively warm out, but she felt as if it was freezing.

all three were hungover, with mason coping the best.

they made their way into the kitchen, where the aussie ordered ubereats and vienne chewed on a slice of white bread.

"why are you eating-" cameron began to comment, but he was silenced by her casting him a dirty look.

she said, "carbs are supposed to help."

to which he snatched a piece from the loaf beside her, stuffing it in his mouth as he searched the cabinets for painkillers.

mason left, stationing himself by the door as he waited. vienne had insisted on french fries, so he'd ordered mcdonald's.

"vee." cameron began, and she sighed.

"i have some in my suitcase. mason also almost overdosed on them last week, so check his room."

"i remember that." he chuckled, before slowly shuffling upstairs to the aforementioned rooms, mumbling curses under his breath.

she mindlessly ate bread, nearly falling asleep multiples times until mason walked in, a beam on his face as he set two styrofoam boxes on the countertop. this didn't receive the applause he expected, when vienne simply threw her remaining bread at him and dragged one of the takeout boxes towards her. she slid out of her stool and towards the couch, resembling a slug.

fitz was still upstairs, no doubt searching for the medication.

zuckles watched with a slightly open mouth, blinking a couple of times before accepting the fact that she was not to bothered. he sat down where she had been, eating the chicken nuggets he'd ordered.

"cunt!" he called after her when she too, filed upstairs to go to her room.

vienne made no oral response, simply setting her fries on the stairs and flipping him off with both hands, before she continued to walk.

-
a/n: kind of a filler chapt/roommate fluff.