twenty eight - real life

it'd been two months since vienne moved in with fitz and zuckles, one month since her and john stopped talking completely, for reasons she wasn't sure.

she'd moved back from california, despite mason's protests. after more unnecessary comments on her social media posts, she had also blocked london on instagram.

to counter their complaints, she had invited them to come visit her city. and with zuckles being high at the time, he'd basically invited the entirety of the gay baby gang.

vienne had recently moved into a larger apartment complex, thanking the fact that her city wasn't extremely popular and house prices were relatively cheap. compared to los angeles, where she nearly spit out her water while browsing redfin.

so now, she was shopping with fitz at her local target, buying decorations and filming a new vlog for her channel. elle and circe had declined on the offer of a party with copious amounts of testosterone, and vienne had nearly backed out herself.

"do you want gold or black balloons?" the tall blond asked, able to reach the top shelves. he glanced down at her, but she wasn't too short, the vlogger and model a height of 5'8. swagger had been embarrassed when they first met, as he was barely an inch taller than her.

vienne pursed her lips, "someone -mason- is going to inhale a balloon and die, so let's not. i don't want to be responsible for that dumbass."

fitz chuckled and nodded, continuing on.

his expression grew dark when he checked his phone, and he glanced at her. "vee..."

"what?" the smile on her face instantly dropped when he stared off towards the side, hastily turning his phone off.

"john and london broke up two days ago."

she looked at him, skepticism written all over her. even her freckles seemed to look at him with exasperation, "and why are you telling me this?"

"because he's coming."

-

vienne and cameron managed to made it back before anyone showed up, and began to clean. surprisingly, the taller of the two had a tasteful eye for interior decoration.

"mace said he's on his way." the blond read off of his lock screen, his voice echoing throughout the living room.

"gotcha."

they finished just before the doorbell rang, and she nearly leaped off of the stool, excitement bouncing through her veins.

"hey, come on in-" she started as she opened the door, expecting to see the one and only zuckles.

instead, he stood there with john, an arm over the american's shoulders. they both had cheeky smiles on their faces, and she couldn't help but crack one back, despite the prick of emptiness in her chest.

"john drove me ova." his accent was becoming nearly impossible to understand, and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"but... john can't drive." vienne let them in, wrinkling her nose as the all-too-familiar scent of cheap liquor hit her, "and take your shoes off." the blond looked at his feet with a grin, containing a joke.