We loved with a love.

Reid looked up from his book to meet Maeve's glance. Even though he knew she loved him, he still became nervous every time they got together. The thing they did most often was read books on his couch late at night, and that night was no exception.

As Spencer quickly skimmed the pages of one of his favorite novels, Maeve pored over her favorite romance. He scooted closer to her, filling the gap between them. Ever since he and the team rescued Maeve from her stalker, he's been overly protective of her and tries to be as close to her as he can at all times.

He gently wrapped his arm around her and Maeve reached for his hand. They had been officially dating for a year and five months, not counting the eight over the phone.

"I love you, Spencer."
"I love you, too," he replied with a sweet whisper as he entwined their fingers together. He was suddenly overcome with intense butterflies, and he became confused. Why was he feeling nervous now? Suddenly, it dawned on him: This was the first time he told Maeve that he loved her. He could feel himself blushing a rosy pink, so he tried to ease the awkward air by tucking a loose strand of Maeve's hair behind her ear.

He didn't really know how to flirt, and he always got really stilted when love was mentioned, but that's what Maeve enjoyed most about him; his pure innocence that couldn't be faked.

"Listen, Spence," Maeve began, "I know I tell you this everyday, but I can't seem to thank you enough for saving my life."
"No, Maeve, I'm the one who should be thanking you for staying with me, I don't know where I'd be without you; my life would crumble apart without you in it." He thought back to the days when Maeve was missing, and was filled with dread until Maeve's warm touch brought him back into reality. She gently rested her head against his chest, and together they sat in blissful silence until Spencer could faintly hear her long, even breaths. He slowly looked down at her, as not to move and wake her, and watched her sleep. She was a flawless creature, he decided, as he slowly fell into a deep slumber.