Dance in the rain.

They didn't like to go out much; home was cozy for them. They usually got together at Spencer's house; they didn't live together, but spent every day by each other's side.

Spencer walked into the kitchen where he saw Maeve seated at the table, bent over a sudoku puzzle. He walked up behind her and planted a kiss on her cheek before he sat down across from her. He silently twiddled his fingers under the table, he didn't want her to notice how nervous he was.

"Hey, Maeve," Reid said, "We've been together a year and five months. Well, five months, eighteen days, and," he stopped to check his watch, "six hours." Maeve giggled. "And I love you more than anything, and I hate to have to say goodbye every night, knowing you'll have to fall asleep alone. Knowing I'll have to fall asleep alone," He paused and sighed. "I want you to move in with me." He immediately became embarrassed for asking, so he tried to cover it up by adding, "you know, seventy-one percent of couples over 23 are living together past one year of dating."

Maeve smiled, "I would like that a lot." He sighed in relief as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. He blushed and pressed his forehead to hers, "Great, we can move your stuff in tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer woke up to heavy rain pouring outside of his bedroom window. He sat up and shuffled over to his closet where he got dressed, and then proceeded to drive to Maeve's apartment.
He walked in to see her lost in a book, cup of coffee in hand, sitting on her little couch in the front room.

"Someone's early!" She laughed and gave him a hug. He kissed her cheek. "I came over as soon as I woke up! I'm sorry, I'm just really excited to be able to share a home with you."
"Spence, you're so sweet, but it's pouring down rain outside, it would be too much of a hassle to move my stuff in this weather."
"Oh, yeah," he said, unable to hide his disappointment, "we could wait around for a while, but what would we do? We've already read all of the books in your house." And it was true, they had.
She reached for his hand and walked him towards the front door and out onto the front lawn.

"We're going to get soaked!" Spencer interjected. He started to jog back to the house, but Maeve caught up with him and grabbed his hands, pulling him back. He looked very confused, so she brought her lips to his ear and whisper, "Dance with me." Her breath tickled his ear. So he twirled her around, his hands on her waist and hers around his neck, there in the front yard in the pouring rain. They stopped to catch their breath, for they were laughing uncontrollably; neither were very skilled in the dancing department. They stood there for a few minutes, her arms around his neck and his chin on her shoulder in peaceful silence.

He wrapped his arms around her in a hug, and then he began to kiss her. They had kissed before, but never like this. This kiss was full of passion, longing. Her hands slid up his back and into his hair as she pulled him closer to her. They made their way onto the porch where Spencer gently pushed Maeve against the wall and deepened the kiss; both of them were blushing, but they didn't stop. They stayed like this until a crack of thunder startled them, and they began to giggle. Maeve, still pressed against Spencer, slowly kissed his neck. Another crack of thunder. "We had better go back inside," Spencer mumbled against her ear. He lightly kissed her once more before taking her hand and walking back inside.