New beginnings.

After they dried off, they discovered that the rain had stopped, so they spent the rest of the day moving Maeve's belongings to Spencer's house. Box by box, they slowly unpacked every last book, article of clothing, and piece of furniture. By the time they were finished, the sun was beginning to set.

They both showered and prepared for bed; they were exhausted. While Maeve was showering, Reid was in the middle of a conflict with himself. "There's only one bed," he thought, "what are we going to do? Should I sleep on the couch? Would she want to sleep with me?" He heard the shower cut off, so he crawled into the bed with a rush of bravery. When Maeve walked in she smiled and took her place next to him under the covers.

His hand brushed hers, but she flinched and pulled her hand away. He immediately felt ashamed; he knew he shouldn't have rushed things and tried to sleep with her. He slid all the way to the very end of the bed to give her as much room as possible, after all, he didn't want to bother her or make her uncomfortable. They both fell asleep quickly, as they usually did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next night he set up on the couch rather than the bed, and Maeve didn't object. This went on for multiple nights, until one night things changed. Maeve got out of the shower and Spencer headed for the couch. She grabbed his hand and invited him into bed. He smiled and followed her into the bedroom and slipped under the covers.

Remembering what had happened last time, he immediately moved to the edge of the bed. Maeve pulled him back over to he and she rested her head on his chest. Relieved, he wrapped his arms around her and lay completely still until she fell asleep. He knew that this was what true love felt like.