Bringing work home with you.

"Spence, you promised you would never try and profile me, remember? And your first day back, too!" Maeve scolded him. He had been called to work the last week and today was his first day home.

"I'm sorry, Maeve, but I know you too well not to, I'm just concerned."

"Okay, fine," Maeve gave up, "what do you think I'm hiding?"

"Nevermind Maeve, it's nothing, I just-"

"What is it, Spence?"

"Well, it's my belief that you were sexually abused as a child," Reid stated boldly. Maeve's amused eyes immediately filled with grief and sorrow as they flitted to the ground at her feet. Suddenly, her eyes appeared to take great interest in the gossamer floating past her field of vision rather than the topic at hand.

"Maeve, I'm sorry to be so blunt about it," he apologized, "but ever since you pulled your hand away in bed I began to piece it together. You always change the subject when the word 'father' is thrown out, and you felt uneasy in your own bed. People should feel even more secure in their own home. Victims always become overly-sensitive of past experiences when they encounter the place it happened. In your case, that would be the bedroom. Maeve, am I right?"

Maeve looked up, "When I was eight years old, my father would sneak into my room. When I told him to stop, he'd hold a finger to my lips as he," she cleared her throat, "did things to me," her voice caught at the end of the sentence.

"Oh, Maeve, I'm really sorry I resurfaced old memories when I tried to hold your hand that, I just wanted to feel your prescence before I went to sleep. And I never should have said anything about it. I'm just, so sorry." he looked at her with sorrowful, caring eyes. How could anyone be angry with someone so genuine? "No, Spence, I'm glad you did, I needed to finally tell someone. I've hidden that part of my life away from everyone, even my own mother. I feel safe when you're next to me, Spence, never forget that," she added.

She cupped his face with her delicate hands and planted a small kiss on his lips. She pulled away and looked into his eyes; she saw her true love mirrored in his gaze. She scooted closer and pulled him into a deep, meaningful kiss. She ran her fingers through his hair and he wrapped his arms around the small of her waist and pulled her closer. He pulled away, gently kissed her nose, and whispered, "What would I do without you?"